navwin » Discussion » The Alley » tooMuch(EveryoneReadPlease)
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic tooMuch(EveryoneReadPlease) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
~DreamChild~
since 2001-04-23
Posts 544
in your dreams

0 posted 2003-06-20 01:48 AM

My_posts_arent_being_read.
hell,_they_dont_stay_on_the_page_long_enough.
that's_because_some_people_like_to_post_their_own_2_or_3_or_even_more,all_in_a_row.
thanks_alot_to_all_those_selfish_people_who_do_that_and_flush_others_off_the_page.

Freedom is the dream of sleeping reality
                ~DreamChild~

© Copyright 2003 derrick gillum - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2003-06-20 10:40 AM

You do know that there is a courtesy rule of three posts per day. And if you pay attention it is generally enforced. Typically we have eager newcomers that bear no ill will but are just excited to find such a wonderful family to share with. With only 96 posts 23 of which are original work it is too early to expect to have a lot of people familiar with your writing. And not only that there is hardly any traffic at all in prose. I love to write prose more than poetry but things sit there for days with few responses and I have many friends in this place. Perhaps this is a good excersize in patience for you. If you go look at the posts in prose all kinds of them have not been responded to that are written by old timers. Maybe you expect too much from the prose forum. Peace...

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

[This message has been edited by Larry C (06-20-2003 10:50 AM).]

Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
2 posted 2003-06-20 06:51 PM

Your posts ARE being read. You have 2 of them posted today that have replies to them posted. You also have one that you wrote in Feb (I think) that has 4 replies. Most of the people I am friends with on this site click the "Today's Topic" tab at the top of the page and decide what to read by seeing what is available. If you would do the same, you will be able to see all of the posts you made, and you will be able to see how many replies you have for them.
As far as posting more than one at a time, I have done that on numerous occasions. I write at the keyboard, and if I have something on my mind that I need to write about, or if I have something to say, then I put it down. If I post 3 times in one day, and they just happen to be one after the other, then I personnaly don't feel that it is excessive.
Just my thoughts

Day after day I'm more confused,
So I look for the light through the pouring rain...

QjQ
Member Elite
since 2003-04-18
Posts 3756
U.S.A.
3 posted 2003-06-20 07:07 PM

read this post and you will get a better idea of what happens,, /pip/Forum6/HTML/000860.html

A voice of honesty
   is treasured
more than voices
   of flattery
      QjQ

Wind
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-10-12
Posts 2981

4 posted 2003-06-25 02:53 PM

People say that I am underapreciated. 1 month ago, I would have agreed, but now i realize that there are people who care enough about me to ask "where has Liz gone" or "I wish the wind would blow in" If you give this place a chance, you will make a lot of friends like those. That notice when you are gone. Honey, I know what it's like, but you are calling the people who do read your posts "nobody." Thats when you are truely alone.

I said I'm going to buy a gun and start a war,
If you can tell me something worth fighting for
-coldplay

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
5 posted 2003-06-25 07:33 PM

I have found that by simply reading and replying, I have grown to know many of the poets in the room.  Also, by exploring different forums.  By doing these steps, when I post a poem; I am recognized by those that I recognize.  I always welcome new members and reply to as much as I can. It takes you into the soul of the poet and gives you a better understanding of their work.  If you are not getting replies chances are you arent replying yourself.  Trust me, you will gain many friends this way and read a lot of amazing poetry.

[This message has been edited by littlewing (06-25-2003 07:34 PM).]

Not A Poet
Member Elite
since 1999-11-03
Posts 3885
Oklahoma, USA
6 posted 2003-06-26 02:16 PM

Maybe it's all those irritating underscore characters.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
7 posted 2003-06-26 02:32 PM

...and maybe you haven't figured out, yet, just how popular a place Passions in Poetry really is.  I hope you give us a chance [and follow Not A Poet's suggestion...]

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
8 posted 2003-06-28 10:36 AM

I do admit that I am usually up late and on the computer a lot more than I should be. I come here and read the poetry, and maybe I should not reply to each one I read, but I do reply a lot, bumping some up, pushing some down.

I can read and reply to 100 a night if I'm in a good reading mood.

I usually set my preferences to 200 per page and to go back for the last 30 days. This place is fast, so many new people...so many poets posting poetry! I like it!

I'm sorry if I have been one of the causes for anyone's upset.

Wind
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-10-12
Posts 2981

9 posted 2003-06-28 07:46 PM

passingshaddows, you know you aren't the one causing problems, I love your poems.

I usualy only post one a day, because I get more responses that way. But it looks like you have left, like most of the people who can't handle the responsibility of developing friendships have. If so, you are really missing a lot. I hope you come back and give us a try.

-coldplay

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
10 posted 2003-06-28 09:52 PM

leave home?

no, don't worry 'bout that, Liz

never...

unless I get booted outta here, which I haven't yet by the grace of God (and a very patient Ron)

Wind
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-10-12
Posts 2981

11 posted 2003-06-28 10:10 PM

no ps, I wasn't talking about you, you would never leave (well not soon anyway.) I ment dreamchild

-coldplay

[This message has been edited by Wind (06-29-2003 03:06 PM).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » tooMuch(EveryoneReadPlease)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary