navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #2 » Never There
Critical Analysis #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Never There Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
buckysimone
since 2003-10-19
Posts 27

0 posted 2003-10-22 09:59 PM

Looking for something never there, Listening for something that never existed, Saw something no one else could se, Smiling when it was never right to smile, laughing when I knew I shouldn’t, crying when the rest of you were smiling, hurtling biggest jumps ever imagined, finding the greatest thing of them all, A way to be happy, finding the never ending smile, never ending cries, and never ending drive to succeed, Realizing that my originality was all that I ever needed, but I pushed it too far and now I’m at a place I always wanted but wished I never got.

© Copyright 2003 buckysimone - All Rights Reserved
Not A Poet
Member Elite
since 1999-11-03
Posts 3885
Oklahoma, USA
1 posted 2003-10-22 11:29 PM

Bucky, why not format this more like a poem? I think it might be a whole lot more interesting than like this.

Pete

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

2 posted 2003-10-23 08:12 AM

I agree with Pete. Even though he doesn't get free verse lol

format makes a great deal of difference in not only how the poem is read, but also helps at times in understanding the poets intent as well...

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
3 posted 2003-10-23 11:04 PM

3 things
There's a definite need for format. Losing the commas and inserting breaks will strengthen the effectiveness of the peom. The usage of the word smile. i counted at least four of them. it becomes redundant as is the line 'hurtling biggest jumps'
Breaks will improve the poem giving it the proper flow and finding other words in the lines for smile or even shaving a line off would do wonders.

merc
since 2003-10-15
Posts 35

4 posted 2003-10-24 04:09 PM

If you want a bit of information on how to write an asymmetrical poem check this link.

Also, reply to the feedback other people post and let us know what you think/if it helped/ask questions etc.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #2 » Never There

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary