navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #39 » Oh Balladeer it's You That I Need
Open Poetry #39
Post A Reply Post New Topic Oh Balladeer it's You That I Need Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida

0 posted 2006-12-09 10:06 PM

Oh Balladeer it's You that I need.

There's a mouse in the house,
he's as fleet as the wind,
It took a long time
to decide  what it was  
scurrying across my kitchen floor.
so fast only a flash of a shadow
as he easily slipped under
the dinning room door.

I understand his need to come here,
he's looking for warmth,
and that's not a sin.
it's been cold and he must feel it in him.
A part of me feels I can share these small rooms
But the sane part of me knows he can not move in.

I then noticed bits of stove insulation,
that's what it looked like and "nesting" I thought
So if he's a she... than more will be brought
soon I will be supporting a mouse home invasion.
Oh, Balladeer it's you that I need
To help me decide what to do
with a family of mice.

martyjo

© Copyright 2006 martyjo - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2006-12-09 10:10 PM

maryjo!
According to Toerag 'deer does bugs. But perhaps by now he has expanded his 'stermination services to include more than a fly swatter.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
2 posted 2006-12-09 10:12 PM

thanks son.. Ha Ha It is a concern, mom
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
3 posted 2006-12-09 10:41 PM

well my friend, it looks like you sure have a problem there

I say De-Con

good luck

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
4 posted 2006-12-11 01:24 PM

Sent out for some de-con, Dixie,I watched that little creature darting from the stove, scamper behind the bookcase and then who knows where. But there is some fluff coming down throught the heating and cooling vents so she is up there in the brand new duct work. Dang. "Good bye little one your days are numbered, no matter how cute you are". LOL, martyjo
miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH
5 posted 2007-02-21 11:43 AM

martyjo,

You made me smile, remembering a few times in the old farmhouse... and what a large nest of little mice she brings!!!

miscellanea

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
6 posted 2007-02-21 02:35 PM

Funny.

Rodents don't dare our house - 2 LARGE dogs and 3 cats... yeah right!

However, there was a large rat (almost the size of our smallest cat) scampering around the garage last night. I bought some traps and set them... then lucked out when i saw the thing walking across open space, taking long enough for me to pull out my BB gun and permanently stop its scampering.

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

7 posted 2007-02-21 03:13 PM

MartyJo, excellent

really enjoyed the humor, you found in the situation...

how bout an exterminator, they did a great job for my girlfriend.

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
8 posted 2007-02-21 05:30 PM

Surprised to see you all here.  Thanks for reading. Problem solved.. hopefully. The regular exterminators would not come to check it out as they are not insured to go up into the attic. I found a private owner who could do as he pleased. He went up there and put down  baited traps. One by one over a three days he captured three, one looked like the Big Daddy. They were roof rats or whatever.Then he also trimmed my bushes that had grown to the level that the rats could climb and gnawed their way under the rafters near where the garage attaches to the house roof.  He packed that with an expanding foam. Also put metal screening inside of the top air vents (sorry what is the proper name?) He will come by three more times this year and if I need service before that he will come when I call. To the tune of four hundred dollars he promises no rats for a year. Now I know why there were rat snakes in the garage when I first moved here.  But I had never seen the rats.  Now I should buy a  pet rat snake.  LOL  P.S. ask Balladeer to post the poem he sent me if he still has it. HA ha.  The best to all of you great people, martyjo
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
9 posted 2007-02-21 09:34 PM

Hey, martyjo, i'm afraid that poem is long gone as are most things in my memory!

Exterminators not insured to go into attics??? That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. That's a snow job...

Glad you got it all resolved, though. Rats are never welcome guests, except at Toerag's, where he sautees them and serves them over rice

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #39 » Oh Balladeer it's You That I Need

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary