navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #38 » A Magical Journey
Open Poetry #38
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Magical Journey Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
aziza
Member Elite
since 2006-07-09
Posts 2995
Lumpy Oatmeal makes me Crazy!

0 posted 2006-08-27 12:25 PM

Magical Journey

~ * The darkness settles around the woman as she lies alone on the her bed. She looks to the ceiling of the room and sees patterns in the grains of the wood, animals and landscapes that are drawn from her imagination. They tell a silent story * ~

~ * Her thoughts remain focused as if compelled to only look up; don't blink, don't think. Yet, as if escaping a corral, an image forms and grows to take her mind away. She lies still as her body flies high above riding on the wings of the Aurora * ~

~ * Soaring, she holds her arms wide and sky surfs, sailing higher into the stars towards the moons, up and up. Her face shows wonder as she looks into the darkness which only serves to frame the jewels of light that dance and beckon her. * ~

~ * Each star seems to call her name, trying to entice her closer. The woman glides over the city lights, eyes seeking. She looks. Seeking the one who holds her heart in his palms. All know she is worthless without a heart. * ~

~ * All know she is worthless without him. She moves as if a map is held in one hand, but it is only the map within her mind which guides her. It is only an innate need that steers her closer to him. She smells him. She feels his touch. * ~

~ * The woman dips low and skims into his home, knowing how close she is to the one who desires her. She lands and looks behind her to the Lights dancing in the sky. As she gazes, they dissipate and break apart, moving back and away. Their job is done. * ~

~ * She leans toward them, reaching as they slip from her fingers to be seen no more. Then, she is alone, almost lost in sorrow that they are gone. He stands in the doorway, looking to this one he has waited for. He knows she flew on the clouds * ~

~ * He knows she was captured by the winds that carried her to him. Gently, He touches her hair, His touch drawing her to him. She knows it. It is familiar and comforting, even though she is lost in the unfamiliar. He is her familiar. * ~

~ * His woman turns, face raising and seeking his reassurance that he will keep her always at his side. One hand slips into his, her body leans into him with one fluid movement. The magic, she understands, did not disappear. * ~

~ * The magic, she understands, is just beginning. * ~

aziza, believer in magic

© Copyright 2006 Alison - All Rights Reserved
Interloper
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-06
Posts 8369
Deep in the heart
1 posted 2006-08-28 10:16 AM

Magic does, indeed, exist

Fool, said my Muse to me, look in thy heart and write.

aziza
Member Elite
since 2006-07-09
Posts 2995
Lumpy Oatmeal makes me Crazy!
2 posted 2006-08-28 10:55 AM

Yes.
It does.
Thank you for sharing it with me.

aziza

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #38 » A Magical Journey

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary