navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #35 » bottles
Open Poetry #35
Post A Reply Post New Topic bottles Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lexy
since 2003-01-28
Posts 1038
California

0 posted 2005-06-06 09:36 PM

Just leave your coat hanging on the stair rail. the curviture should hold you well. I know she has a pretty little body.
Come in and grab your bronze bottle. I know you won't get a word out until you do.
Take a swig and just talk to me about the music the passion in your voice hits the air and throws me back.
I'm up against a wooden wall taken back to my home town, emmerced in the peace of mind I've so desired.
It's take me the whole of a year to come full force into the room.
You come and sit in your orange chair. I bought it especially for your visits because I loved how you looked in it.
How your arms hang off the sides, you are vine that chokes the weakened girl in pink tights but she doesn't ever protest.
You hold your hands in the grace of a musician. You hold me like an untuned instrument. I have many knicks from rough shows.

I saw a child in the grocery store who had your eyes. He refused to smile though I cooed and waved.
Chug from your bottle and lay face up in a little girls room. Messing with her skin, messing with the sheets.
It's summer but that doesn't mean I will thaw my heart in a desperate phase.
Crimson couch, here you sleep. I sit and stroke your peaceful face as my tears run down your arm.
You are the waunderer and I am always the hopeless chugging from a green bottle.

© Copyright 2005 Alexis Smith - All Rights Reserved
mysticpoe
since 2003-02-28
Posts 883

1 posted 2005-06-06 09:45 PM

" I'm up against a wooden wall taken back to my home town "...great line Lexy.

mysticpoe

If nothing is something
then everything is
our thoughts and feelings
and all that exists.

ctowen
Member Elite
since 2001-10-18
Posts 2286
Green Mountains of VT
2 posted 2005-06-06 11:49 PM

funny ... how somethings we remember come back to us in our own .....

... I find this haunting yet loving ....

.... chilling and yet .. moved ....

.... cherised and also unwilling ....

well rounded and remebered !

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
3 posted 2005-06-08 12:54 PM

You know Lexy this was really good, but I found the line breaks hard to find myself, and if you don't mind me saying, had it run down the page with breaks it would have been so easy to get the flow.

The imagery was fantastic in this!

~* Carpe' Diem *~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #35 » bottles

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary