navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #33 » Rocky Mountain Prayer
Open Poetry #33
Post A Reply Post New Topic Rocky Mountain Prayer Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada

0 posted 2004-08-29 04:59 PM

Rocky Mountain Prayer

Just another west coast mountain morning
Slow haze steaming through the dawn.
Sun sneaking through a cherished mist,
Flowers stretching in dew-kissed yawn.

Limbs above me in a flitter, flutter,
Twitter of birds feast morning’s treat.
My breath alive in wonder of the nature,
Skyward bound, and under feet.

The acute wonder of his creation,
This masterpiece he did complete,
Stimulates my soul to overflowing,
My day starts off in joy so sweet.

As I take in my surroundings fair,
This postcard in which I live,
I will never take your gifts for granted
This beauty that you so freely give.

I thank the creator in all reverence,
Every single day I'm allowed to live
For another day of his paradise,
With a rocky mountain prayer I humbly give.

~*~

((~.~))Hi Everyone!

Pic. 1 - Grande Boulevard park looking North to Grouse Mountain.
Pic. 2/3 - Those mountains I captured in the background are what we call "The Lions" and in the winter they actually look like two lions laying down.  (the thing in front is a Candian Goose)

These pictures were taken at the end of my street this morning looking up at Grouse Mountain to the west.This is the first time ever I was brave enough to get that close to those birds, but wanted to capture them to show you as they are off soon.It has been so hot here, and I think they are confused some.      

I wanted to share my beautiful home with all of you and could find no better way to do this, than with this mini-movie I found of Vancouver.Enjoy!
http://www.vancouverscenes.com/

Imagination is more important than knowledge...
Albert Einstein

© Copyright 2004 Mysteria 1997 - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2004-08-29 05:12 PM

Now how can I put off saying Thank You for sharing these lovely photos!  Did you know that in South Dakota, there is a warm water geyser that is in the heart of Rapid City [I think it was Rapid City] and the Canadian Geese live in that city year around?  They are EVERYWHERE....

If I find out that I misspoke on the location, I'll come in with a correction.  But for now, my friend, this was a perfect poem for a sultry late summer August day...

thank you!

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
2 posted 2004-08-29 05:15 PM

Well as I type I am researching where these guys actually do go.  Lived here almost 30 years and you know I have no idea LOL, typical!  They are a very BAD problem here, but that could be fixed if we could get them to pick up diapers on their way back home.

I am about to head over town to Stanley Park to the motherload of geese there, and see if I can get pictures for a friend down there that didn't know what a Canadian Goose was.  Trust me I am not going to tell you what she did think it was.

Thanks Karilea.

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
3 posted 2004-08-29 05:22 PM

How beautiful, Sharon!  And I also enjoyed the link...now my travel bug is nibbling at my heart...saying go go go visit Sharon!
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
4 posted 2004-08-29 05:28 PM

Hey sharon, there are thousands of them that end up in the Denver area. From there, I'm not sure where they go except south for a couple of months during the worst part of Colorado's winter, yet some actually hang out in Denver all winter. You can see them at Washington Park, sitting on the ice!
BTW, Sara and I will never forget that mountain, the sky tram ride, and that cool suspension bridge we walked on when we visited with you.
have a great sunset!

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
5 posted 2004-08-29 06:08 PM

very lovely place to live...

We have some Canadian Geese that never leave  also and I am in Pennsylvania almost in Maryland.

beautiful pictures..I envy you those mountain views

M

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
6 posted 2004-08-29 06:17 PM

Sharon,

although I am not that far from such beauty . . . My God, I do not believe
it would look the same if I didnt see it through your eyes first . . .

*smile*  
(I love your picture)

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
7 posted 2004-08-29 09:07 PM

Um, did I mention we are kind of proud about an upcoming event?  Vancouver is hosting the Winter Olympics in 2010, so who do you know that may find you accommodations
http://www.winter2010.com/

Thank you for enjoying my morning stroll with me.

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
8 posted 2004-09-03 10:35 PM

Ah, dear girl, you do my heart good! I needed that. Peace...

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
9 posted 2004-09-03 10:50 PM

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!

We have some Canadian Geese that never leave and go further south than here in southern Ontario.  Seems the milder winters keep them closer to home.

Thank you for showing others our magnificent country Sharon.

Love ya lady~

~ Summer can't be over...
I still have sand in my shoes. ~

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
10 posted 2004-09-04 12:12 PM

Very nice...James
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
11 posted 2004-09-04 05:01 AM

so much enjoyed!
Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
12 posted 2004-09-04 01:16 PM

Thank you for coming to visit me, and hopefully you will all make it to B.C. one time to see all this wonder for yourself.  Thanks again.
*Alli4000*
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2004-03-21
Posts 3188
The World of Poetry
13 posted 2004-09-04 01:19 PM

I absolutely enjoyed the pictures...they were so beautiful and went so well with the poem.

~Alli~

*:.AIM = Alli4000.:*
Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened...

Greeneyes
Deputy Moderator 50 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-09-09
Posts 9903
In Your Poetic Mind
14 posted 2004-09-04 02:04 PM

Sharon~

wow this is so beautiful the pictures and poem....this reminds me why I love MN and winters and the geese flying over....I agree they can be "bad news" but they are so lovely to look at...thanks for sharing this and your home....

I don’t want the world to see me
cause I don’t think that they’d understand
When everything’s made to be broken I just want you to know who I am

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
15 posted 2004-09-04 03:33 PM

Sharon, I am ready to move up there!  This was a beautiful poem and I felt your love of your home throughout.  Thank you for sharing the lovely photos, too.  Someday.....you may just have a visitor from Houston.....heheheh  *hugs* ......jo
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #33 » Rocky Mountain Prayer

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary