navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #33 » Who
Open Poetry #33
Post A Reply Post New Topic Who Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kellie_Cantrell
since 2002-05-22
Posts 1667
New York

0 posted 2004-08-29 02:13 PM

Will it be in a time or happenstance,
   a mystery of why.
Will it rise beneath us,
   volcanic and repressed.

Veiled by time and time again,
   mistakes made, mistakes forgotten.
Victorious, will a harmony of peace.
   melodies engaging in romantic solitude.

Who will call my name,
   at the end of the day?
Will I make you happy?
    Will you be proud of me?
Can I change to be accepted,
     erasing the past,
capturing the future in a butterfly net of fulfillment?

Will I ever be good enough?,
    Can we just let go?
Will we ever just move on?,
    am I allowed to apologize.

I'd like to be free,
    free from all the hurt.
I'd like to run freely,
    amongst the blue skies.

Feel free to look in Spiritual, Critical and Prose for writing by me!

God Bless,
Kellie

© Copyright 2004 Kellie M. Cantrell - All Rights Reserved
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
1 posted 2004-08-29 02:57 PM

I don't believe you can ever erase the past
it stays with you always
(unless you move on to some place where no one knows you)

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
2 posted 2004-09-03 10:50 PM

Kellie,
I'm sorry I missed this when it was posted. But I'm online at home now. I'm guessing this is a response to the two posts in Announcements. And there are answers to many of your questions:

========================
Who will call my name,
   at the end of the day?
========================
That is probably your hardest question. But as it turns out we first have to become comfortable in our own skin. We cannot place our worth in anyone elses hands.

=====================
Will I make you happy?
=====================
It is impossible to make everybody happy. And lucky for us a mistake to try!

=======================
    Will you be proud of me?
=======================
From those who love you for who you are there is reason to be proud no matter what you do. But I have a hunch this is more related to the previous question. And again it is important that we find strength from within and do things that gives us reason to not be ashamed. But pride is a dangerous thing.

=======================
Can I change to be accepted,
     erasing the past,
capturing the future in a butterfly net of fulfillment?
=======================
Changing for the purpose of acceptance is just plain wrong. Change for the purpose of growth that just happens to improve acceptance is much more appropriate. And as you are learning the past cannot be erased. It can be lived down but not erased. As for fulfillment only you can own that.

========================
Will I ever be good enough?,
========================
Nobody is good enough. But if you are true enough then you are trustworthy.

=======================
    Can we just let go?
=======================
Of the past, no. Of hurt, yes. Of anger, yes. Of disappointment, yes. Of bad habits, only with great effort.

=======================
Will we ever just move on?,
=======================
When lessons are learned and proper responsibility is taken, you bet. But all of that is proven by behavior. So it puts it back in your court. You are in charge of when we move on.

========================
    am I allowed to apologize.
========================
Once is enough. After that it is behavior that legitimizes apologies.

=================
I'd like to be free,
    free from all the hurt.
I'd like to run freely,
    amongst the blue skies.
=================
Time frees us from hurt. But pain does not stop until the source of it is fixed. Peace can be found, but it is found best from within.

&

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2004-09-03 11:42 PM

Kellie, you ask for critiques, so I feel free to respond accordingly, not so much to your poem, but the reasons behind it.  It is intended to help, but sometimes, even those that offer help, find it backfiring in their faces.  

First, Larry has done quite a wonderful thing for you, answering as he did.

Dixie said,
quote:
(unless you move on to some place where no one knows you)

This holds true, Except:  If you decide to become a movie star; desire to become an author of public reknown; or desire to run for office.  Those are three main reasons I can think of why Larry's advice would hold true.  One cannot really run away from anything they have said, or done...it ends up biting one in the rear end sooner or later.  If not outwardly, inwardly...

Because sometimes we can be our own worst judge, jury, and executioner.

Kellie, opt to know that you are still on the learning edge of the rest of your life.  Also opt to realize that no matter how old you get...you will continue to learn something new every day.  No one here in this particular post, I am sure, is saying "I'm so good..." - far from it.  We've all made our mistakes, and only we know what they are.  Suffice to say...if we hadn't made them, we couldn't or shouldn't be responding to your poem which is very much a personal poem, if I know any of your writing at all.

You've apologized, Kellie.  Now, go forward.  Not backwards.  See what you have done, and make the resolve not to go "those roads" again.  That's the most anyone could say to anyone else, knowing all the while that you, or anyone else who would write a poem like this, will do what they wish, regardless.

Kellie, more than anyone else, I want you to find your way.  Write me if you will, I will share with you, why.  Believe it or not, I am in your corner.  

Sunshine

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #33 » Who

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary