navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Poor White Trash
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Poor White Trash Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jana Tovey
since 2000-05-30
Posts 257
USA

0 posted 2000-06-04 12:29 PM

Poor white trash, society’s throw backs,
the bottom rung on a intellectual ladder
raised on hate and vengeance
sporting these drawbacks as if they were qualities
to be proud of, casting them as morals
and tying them up in the bylaws of their KKK.

Poor white trash, no minds of their own
drinking down the venom their elders provide
proselytized on a supremacy that can only exist
if they hold others under, downtrodden beneath them
terrorizing the nights by lurking beneath
sheets, faces covered, as if to hide who they are.

Poor white trash, ignorant by choice,
tortured by a cause that has no honor,
that needs to be secret and hidden and conducted in the dark of night
devoted to breeding more hate and distrust,
all for a white supremacy that should have died
in battles fought long, long ago.

© Copyright 2000 Jana Tovey - All Rights Reserved
Walter Poe
since 1999-10-13
Posts 787

1 posted 2000-06-05 06:29 AM

another truth of disbelief  hatred spreads selfdestructing disease how can the young ever be free if the evil in men is left be.

"Prophet!" said I, "thing of evil!- prophet still, if bird or devil!-
Whether Tempter sent, or whether tempest tossed thee here ashore,
Desolate yet all undaunted, on this desert land enchanted-
On this home by horror haunted- tell me truly, I implore-
Is there- is there balm in Gilead?- tell me- tell me, I implore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."

Swåmp¤Faerÿie
since 2000-03-29
Posts 358
Illinois
2 posted 2000-06-05 02:19 PM

right on!! i echo your thoughts,for we are all human,we all bleed,we all have minds and no one has the right to think themselves superior....for ANY reason!! Great peice of work!! I love poetry that protests...so to speak. I have to say your poetry is some of my favorite on here!!

swamp

And there she weaves by night and day,
a magic web of colours gay.~Tennyson

Jana Tovey
since 2000-05-30
Posts 257
USA
3 posted 2000-06-05 11:14 PM

I work in an area where the KKK are still in existence.  I thought that this organization was gone, dead, over with...defunct.  But not here.  

I'm glad you like this poem.  I think maybe the title is scaring people off, though.  I really feel strongly about this particular message.  

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
4 posted 2000-06-06 07:40 PM

Firstly I want to say this, I am an Aussie, and I HATE the term 'white trash'.  I am definitely NOT a racist, and many think I have cause to be.  But you cannont judge people by their race, black or white.  Generalising them as trash is wrong.  If they are racist, call them that, not trash. No human being deserves to be called that.
Having the KKK alive and well is disgusting and I am horrified too.
I feel we should be sorry for the followers, they are simply not educated enough to think for themselves, it is not their fault either.
It is the fault of the evil bastards who influence or lead them...
With racism there are so many questions..
Have blacks been around longer than whites?
Who knows?  Where half the people in the bible black?  Was Moses?  Even so what does it matter if the were or not?  There are brilliant brainy men and women in every race and colour.  And there are also biggots, beggars, stupid ones, poor ones, ones with no hope and opportunity.  
This is a hard topic no answers, but I believe it is up to us to be as smart as we think we are and stop labelling anyone...
Also if you feel so strongly about this hon, you should rally up similiar minded souls and put a stop to the KKK or at least try, so you can say you tried, you didn't just sit and whinge about it...
In this new millenium with the world going to hell we all need to try a little more, to stop the wrongs we see, to judge others kindlier, to love not hate.
There is no offence to anything you have written here, I believe as you I think, but I just hate to see anyone labelled trash, no matter what their religion or colour...
*Namaste*.  If you want to discuss this further please feel free to email me  
Great eye opening piece hon  

I'll tell you this...... No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.....
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
5 posted 2000-06-06 08:02 PM

Jana,
According to forum guidelines, this poem borders on a bit too racial for our liking.  I've discussed it with other moderators and we have decided, cos the poem has already been responded to, we will merely close it, so no further comments will be entered into.
It is a good piece though.....
I couldn't email you with no addy listed, but if you wish to talk further please email me.
Isis
Forum Moderator

I'll tell you this...... No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.....
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Poor White Trash

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary