navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Dark Place ( a repost from Open #6)
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Dark Place ( a repost from Open #6) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
EagleOne
Member Elite
since 2000-03-07
Posts 2829
Between a laugh and a tear...

0 posted 2000-06-04 02:21 AM

I dread this place, so deep & dark
A soul destroying, dangerous place
A cavernous place that holds my fears and secrets
Sometimes hidden, sometimes not
Always lurking, beckoning, taunting
Ready to awaken the terror
Erupting into my consieusnous
A place I cannot escape
Purgatory, a living hell
My memories......

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Unknown

© Copyright 2000 E.T. Meehan - All Rights Reserved
Jana Tovey
since 2000-05-30
Posts 257
USA
1 posted 2000-06-04 12:07 PM

It's enough to make you wish you had amnesia, isn't it?  I've had memories that I could do without.  They helped form me though, and because I knew I could not keep dealing with them - in different forms, but still ultimately the same patterns from before - I went out and got new ones.

Good poem.  Keep writing!

Necro Draconis
since 2000-05-19
Posts 115

2 posted 2000-06-04 01:32 PM

This poem is so true in many ways.

By Necro Draconis

Let nature guide your soul.

SpitFire
Member Elite
since 2000-04-19
Posts 2396

3 posted 2000-06-04 10:04 PM

~Eagle One,...I too have a place like that.  In which I fight everyday to keep a distance from,..it's difficult for me at times. I'm sure you understand,...your descriptions are so exact.  Thank you for another great poem. *Peace.
EagleOne
Member Elite
since 2000-03-07
Posts 2829
4 posted 2000-06-04 10:08 PM

Jana.......lol, amnesia! yes there are times when that would definately be a prefered option. All lifes experiences, good and bad, serve to make us the people we are, we need to embrace them and movve on. Thankyou!

Necro Draconis......Yes! memories can seem that way.

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Unknown

EagleOne
Member Elite
since 2000-03-07
Posts 2829
5 posted 2000-06-04 10:20 PM

Spitfire......You snuck in on me there.   Yes, I do understand,hang in there! Thankfully things are better for me these days......still the memories are always there! I thank you for taking the time to read and reply.

Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
6 posted 2000-06-05 10:33 PM

Do you know who said.
"Don't take my pain it makes me who I am"
Captian Kirk, to Spock.

Yes it is a daily battle this place you speak of. many here know it well.

good work kid.

Joel.

I howl a mournful song, that echos within my chambered heart, for all to read? nay for all to feel.

Portia
since 2000-05-18
Posts 157

7 posted 2000-06-06 12:23 PM

I have definitely been there. It's a truly dark night of the soul, but somehow, it has its place in the universe. Light can't exist without darkness. Some light *lives* for the darkness.
EagleOne
Member Elite
since 2000-03-07
Posts 2829
8 posted 2000-06-06 09:37 AM

Joel.....a very wise man was Captain Kirk.   Thanks!

Portia....I agree, but I think I prefer the light.

Portia
since 2000-05-18
Posts 157

9 posted 2000-06-06 04:30 PM

Oh I definitely agree, Eagle One, the light is much more preferable. Only in darkness can you see the stars... but I agree with your sentiment, and after all, the stars are what we look for.
fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

10 posted 2000-06-06 11:46 PM

Joel:

I've always been waiting for someone to use that quote!  It actually goes more like:

"I don't want my pain taken away, I need my pain!"

And also,

"They're[painful experiences] the things we carry around with us, they're the things that make us who we are.  If we lose them, we lose ourselves!"

Sorry, I just couldn't resist correcting you, I'm a devout trekkie, lol.

The emotions in the poem and the wording, sound exactly like how I've felt.  Especially with regards to guilt.  I think this was a big theme in the romantic era.  I'm in a highschool english literature class.  If I am incorrect in saying that about the romantic era, please correct me, though.

I am known to fill in the gaps in things I am talking about, with assumptions, and thus dig myself deeper into the above-mentioned cavernous place.

I believe I will shut up for now...

EagleOne
Member Elite
since 2000-03-07
Posts 2829
11 posted 2000-06-07 04:56 PM

Just wanted to say thanks for reading guys! your comments are, as always, appreciated.

Jeffyf
since 2000-05-28
Posts 49
Muncie, IN
12 posted 2000-06-08 06:00 AM

I dread my purgatory as well.  An amazing poem you have written.  It describes in so few words what I cannot do in all of my poems combined.  Such expression denotes a truely great writer.
Jeffrey

Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
13 posted 2000-06-08 04:06 PM

I think there are many times in any persons life when he or she feels this way. but for me the sad thing is i live within that evil and dark place. the only way out for me is through my own reality.

Jeremiah Johnson
               A/K/A
            lordhavocsoul

EagleOne
Member Elite
since 2000-03-07
Posts 2829
14 posted 2000-06-09 05:34 AM

Jeffyf......You don't have to look far at Passions to find some truly great writers. I an not among them, but I thankyou for your comments.

Jeremiah......I hope the light finds you soon. Take care!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Dark Place ( a repost from Open #6)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary