navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » My Heart, Your Touch
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic My Heart, Your Touch Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
~*Jennifer*~
since 2000-05-28
Posts 6
Arkansas

0 posted 2000-06-01 12:58 PM

You were an aquaintance, just someone I knew;
I couldn't say a friend, I hardly noticed you.
You gave me a ride in your truck one day-
As we sat there, I didn't know what to say.
Not long after that, we started to talk.
Suddenly we were friends, became closer than ever;
Started saying things we knew we should never.
You said I was beautiful, you loved my eyes;
You touched a place inside me, made my heartbeat drop, then rise.
You say that you love me, made me feel special with the words you spoke. I was in a dream, wishing never to be woke.
You asked for a kiss, so I met you in fashion- but what happened then- turned into passion! We touched each other, you made sweet love to me, decided we could have been; were somehow meant to be.
With your gentle touch, you changed my life.
Just one problem- I have a husband, you a wife.
We continued our love affair, I gave you all of me-
But what I wanted back- was never meant to be.
In one dark moment, all we had seemed lost; I paid heavily, my heart the cost.
We remained friends, though not as much,
For such a long time, I missed your touch.
Things calmed down, I learned to deal;
Never wanting you to know my pain was so real.
Our friendship seemed to linger; something wouldn't go away, so here we are now, this is what I have to say- "I need your friendship and so much more- it's your smile, your eyes, your personality that I adore."
There's just something about you- I want more of us-it's the way we "go together"- not just the "lust."
I know I've made some mistakes, I really do care; Please don't shut me out, it's SO unfair!
I'm taking this chance; revealing so much- Loving you, needing you, wanting your touch. What I've written here truly comes straight from within my heart; if it's too much for you, then I will depart, but know onw thing- I'll always love you- forever together or forever apart.

© Copyright 2000 ~*Jennifer*~ - All Rights Reserved
a-alibaster
since 2000-01-08
Posts 392

1 posted 2000-06-01 11:06 AM

This is lovely, saddly lovely...I enjoy the way you have written the poem into letter form...wonderful!
If this be thruth of things in your life...I wish you luck and I agree that it seems that some times there are those that we love and feel one with with our entire being, but they are always just out of reach!

There is an alter ego which
dwells in every soul...
a-alibaster

Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
2 posted 2000-06-02 06:36 PM

This is so hard to read, not that it's a bad poem it isn't, it's a great poem, but I had at one time been within this triangle, and it's so hard. Time healed wounds closed, I moved on.
Your ending is great, but I would add I'll love you forever from afar.

Joel

I howl a mournful song, that echos within my chambered heart, for all to read? nay for all to feel.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » My Heart, Your Touch

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary