navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Pain
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Pain Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA

0 posted 2000-05-04 09:05 PM

There is a ripping pain
Barreling through the center of my chest
I feel the weight of the chain
It will not allow me rest

Dragging me down to my knees
There isn't any way to escape
Life is not a breeze
I feel it losing shape

As the creature of the dark beckons
To me to follow and join his descent
Will only last a few seconds
Won't know where you went

Nothing can ever be the same
As it was before
No one to blame
Just can't reopen that door

It seems to be sealed shut
Would take a miracle to open
Have that feeling in my gut
Can't go back from where we've been

Friends are friend forever if the Lord's the Lord of them and a friend will not say never cause the welcome will not end.
--Michael W. Smith

© Copyright 2000 Jennifer L. Garcia - All Rights Reserved
Evilkat88
since 2000-05-01
Posts 37

1 posted 2000-05-04 11:11 PM

This an wsome poem. I really enjoted it.Things seem to change so fast it's unreal. I remember when mt bestfriend moved or someone was mad at me and then not it all happens so quickly you stop and look back and realize what's happened and you can't change it.Life when you're haveing fun passes quick but when you're not that's when you stop and reflect.Someone once told me This to shale pass.
                   Blessed Be
                     kat

Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
2 posted 2000-05-05 12:40 PM

Thank you Kat.  Things can literally change overnight some times and yes, it is very scary.  You are very right in that we only stop and reflect when things do not go our way.  I know it will pass, but it hasn't yet.  Very nice to meet you and welcome to Passions!!!  

Friends are friend forever if the Lord's the Lord of them and a friend will not say never cause the welcome will not end.
--Michael W. Smith

Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
3 posted 2000-05-05 12:56 PM

My furry friend, I thank you for your insight, into our hearts of the darker passions, you do know how to express yourself,

"There is a ripping pain
Barreling through the center of my chest
I feel the weight of the chain
It will not allow me rest"

I have awful dreams of being chained down and beaten, (some past crap) but anyway, this poem starts out so strong, I almost wanted to turn away and run, and girl I don't run from anything, I can defend myself well enough physically but not the heart and
this is what you have shown.
This is a very awesome poem.
And I will sing a howl in chorus with you tonight.
Joel.

I howl a mournful song, that echos within my chambered heart, for all to read? nay for all to feel.

Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
4 posted 2000-05-05 01:03 AM

Joel, you are welcome my friend.  I have always been able to express myself best through writing.  Just seems to come out.  
Sorry to hear of those awful dreams.  I am very glad you stuck around and didn't run.  Wouldn't want that!!  I don't think any of us are very good at defending the heart....our ultimate weakness.  Thank you for the kind words, my furry friend.  They mean a lot.  
Get that howl ready........
Take care,
Lone Wolf

--Michael W. Smith

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Pain

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary