navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » DIAGNOSIS (repost from TCP) PLEASE SOMEONE READ THIS!!!!!!!
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic DIAGNOSIS (repost from TCP) PLEASE SOMEONE READ THIS!!!!!!! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
kynder
since 2000-04-11
Posts 537
Tallahassee, Florida

0 posted 2000-05-02 03:51 AM

Is there a doctor in the house?
One educated in the ways of love,
Who can answer these age-old questions
That threaten to take me under?
Why?
How?
If it doesn't happen until I'm not looking,
Yet my heart and my mind know,
Even subconsciously,
On the hunt I will forever be,
Until my prey surrenders and shows me
What I seek,
Then how can it ever happen to me?

For all that talk about there's someone
For everyone,
Why must the journey ruin my faith in love?
Is his climb almost over?
Better yet, is mine?
How will I know it's really him?
Should I look for signs?
Like saying "Bless you!" when I sneeze,
Asking God for forgiveness of his sins,
Truly listening when I'm a-singin'.
Will he be able to determine love from lust,
Cry when he must,
And freely give me his trust?

These questions never stop,
The answers never come.
I keep on doubting and fear
Soon I will just give up.
Growin' tired of looking for that one twinkle
In all these dead, dark,
Sparklin' with hate eyes.
So, doctor, if you even care,
Can you perscribe a remedy,
Better yet, a vaccine for
This condition that ails me?
Take from me this heart that God
Gave too much love,
Make me function only from the right side
Of my cranium.
I won't feel much.
But maybe it'll finally make sense.
No need for answers,
Because I just won't care about
False pretense.

*****kynder< !signature-->

The years teach much which the days never know.  Ralph Waldo Emerson

[This message has been edited by kynder (edited 05-02-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Kynder - All Rights Reserved
Swåmp¤Faerÿie
since 2000-03-29
Posts 358
Illinois
1 posted 2000-05-02 03:20 PM

i read it!! i read it!! And i'm someone......i think...something is more like it...LOL...well anyways,just want to tell you i like this lots =] Love is such a pain in the butt. It's nice,but ohh the million questions swimming round in your brain are like torture!! i sympathize and think you've written a spiffy description of that feeling.

swamp

And there she weaves by night and day,
a magic web of colours gay.~Tennyson

Dream_Cloud
since 2000-03-25
Posts 10
Daytona Beach, FL USA
2 posted 2000-05-02 04:53 PM

I really like this poem! The search for love seems endless...Your descriptions and the doctor idea, very good. Liked it a lot!

"You can never make someone love you...all you can do is be someone who can be loved."

kynder
since 2000-04-11
Posts 537
Tallahassee, Florida
3 posted 2000-05-02 05:05 PM

thank you so much, swamp and dream!!!!! i really needed someone to relate to this one. i feel i am going crazy!! i am gonna need a head doctor instead of a love doctor in a minute!!!  thanks again guys!! love ya.

kynder

The years teach much which the days never know. Ralph Waldo Emerson

jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
4 posted 2000-05-02 06:59 PM

I read it too!  And a long time ago I learned to believe I am someone...little as that may be to others.

I have a daughter that feels she is going through this very same thing. And, I think, most of us have felt that way at one time or another. And I believe that sometimes we try too hard to attain what we perceive others to have. And sometimes we try so hard, we don't see what's right before our eyes. That's saying the "right person" has, in fact, entered our life already.

Sometimes we have to go on faith, the belief that what we're seeking, will eventually come, albeit, not as soon as we'd wish.  The longing for that certain someone and the desire to make it happen, sometimes causes us to forget who WE are, thereby driving away the very one we're trying to capture.

I believe we must be true to our self first, and all else will follow, in time.

And believe me, I'm still waiting for a lot of that "all else" to follow.

A poignant cry...but remember, the sun has never failed to follow the night, and your day will come too.

j.

Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
5 posted 2000-05-02 07:36 PM

No I'm not a doctor, As you well know Wolves would rather chew off their own leg than be with something chained down. haha
As A man deeply in love now, I can very well relate to this poem, and yes I need a doctor, But my chains are dragging loneliness behind me, not the love I see before me.
Have faith if not in God then nature, Put to test the (lust/love) suiting rivals, some will fail, some won't. You have a good heart Kid, and the universal law is Like attracts Like.
Joel.

I howl a mournful song, that echos within my chambered heart, for all to read? nay for all to feel.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » DIAGNOSIS (repost from TCP) PLEASE SOMEONE READ THIS!!!!!!!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary