navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » A Habit
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Habit Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
SpitFire
Member Elite
since 2000-04-19
Posts 2396

0 posted 2000-04-28 07:24 PM

~A Habit~

Rings of truth spilled out across the dinner table~little tools~secrets uncovered~a teary discussion under the clothesline~attempting to explain~but I saw it with my own two eyes~walked in on a trio~of supposed to be role model adults~in my life~watched you swallow through your nose~watched you breathe~watched you shatter my everything~not a habit~a recreational what???~it's not ok~you could end up leaving me~end up dying on me~long nights full of fear~trying to parent parents~trying to conceal all you were~from the little one~before his innocent purity is snatched too~.

© Copyright 2000 SpitFire - All Rights Reserved
kristi
since 2000-04-24
Posts 33
Yulee, FL
1 posted 2000-04-29 12:02 PM

You have no idea how much this poem describes my life right now.  My brother has this problem.  Of course he doesn't see it that way.  He has custody of his 2 year old daughter.  I am currently seeking legal help to get custody of her.  

I really enjoyed the read!

Two men look through the same bars. One sees the mud, and one the stars.-?

SpitFire
Member Elite
since 2000-04-19
Posts 2396

2 posted 2000-04-29 11:46 AM

~Kristi...I'm truly sorry that you are dealing with this same sort of situation.  It's so painful to me and I can't imagine going through it again.  In the poem I was talking about my parents and another relative, it took place a while ago and still burns. Please be strong for the child in the situation and yourself....may your brother soon realize how precious his life is with his daughter. Peace
Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
3 posted 2000-04-29 12:05 PM

I guess we all have our demon nightmares of memories.
Mine was dad's drinking, and the beatings.
Soothe your memories, with your writings kid.
I love your expressions, and all from the heart, as you know I try to do this also.
and can appreciate it's depth.
Again light, love, hope, life, and smile.
Joel.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » A Habit

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary