navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Hung
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Hung Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
SpitFire
Member Elite
since 2000-04-19
Posts 2396

0 posted 2000-04-21 03:04 PM

~Hung~

She hung there
in the light of the hall
waiting to be noticed
to be saved
a doll tucked under her arm
a sad look upon her face
broken glass beneath her feet
she hung there
she waited
she said goodbye to the room
to the thought...to the doll
like a hollow case
her body hung
a soul far away
flying free
emerged from her grip...
from the hell.

© Copyright 2000 SpitFire - All Rights Reserved
Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
1 posted 2000-04-21 03:10 PM

Whoa...excuse me for sounding weird but this poem kicked ass. lol...I just love it. Most people don't write stuff like this...I'm not saying that they write badly or anything....I'm just saying that this kind of poem is cool to find cuz it's rare. Bravo!  

Yours truly,
                   Angel

"A man's fate is a man's fate and life is but an illusion." -Shogun

~*Angel of Darkness*~

SpitFire
Member Elite
since 2000-04-19
Posts 2396

2 posted 2000-04-21 03:17 PM

Thank you, thank you...I think I blushed when I read your reply....    LOL!!!
Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
3 posted 2000-04-22 03:21 AM

Angel is right this is good, although some don't like the ?? hanging of little girls I don't either, but the expression that this message comes across with is far beyond this simple act of ?? freedom escape, As a once daddy, I can tell you the visualiza of a little girl holding a doll, brings out more maternal protection than I want to put down here, just knowing the atrocities carried out in this day and age to our children, makes me want to run amuck on every bad guy from here to hell.
Well that's my ?? thoughts.
Joel.

I howl a mornful song, that echos within my chambered heart, for all to read? nay for all to feel.

SpitFire
Member Elite
since 2000-04-19
Posts 2396

4 posted 2000-04-22 10:47 AM

~Ok, thank you for the responses.  I do need to let out the fact that the person I describe in the poem is a woman, a woman I knew too closely to not have felt all this so hard.  Anyway,  I too do not like the thought of children hanging???  or anyone for that matter. You're responses mean so much to me, so thank you for that.
DarkAnjl
since 2000-04-22
Posts 17

5 posted 2000-04-22 05:31 PM

This poem made me feel, made me visualize and moved me deeply. Sorry but this poem ROX!!! Thank you for touching me with your words.
   Anjl

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
6 posted 2000-04-23 12:06 PM

Hon I too can understand a message conveyed here but It's not suitable reading material, considering anyone, any age can read this.
I'm going to close the thread.  If you want to discuss it, email me.
isis

A heart and soul are not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others...
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Hung

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary