navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » In My Eyes
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic In My Eyes Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA

0 posted 2000-04-09 02:46 PM

In my eyes
You do not love me
You are distant

In my eyes
You do not want me
You pull away

In my eyes
You do not care
You are hurtful

In my eyes
You do not see
You look away

In my eyes
You do not trust
You are skeptical

In my eyes
You do not speak
You yell at me

In my eyes
You do not understand
You are intolerant

In my eyes
You do not dare
You remove yourself

-------------------------------------------------------

Friends are friend forever if the Lord's the Lord of them and a friend will not say never cause the welcome will not end.
--Michael W. Smith

© Copyright 2000 Jennifer L. Garcia - All Rights Reserved
dhuron
since 2000-03-19
Posts 476

1 posted 2000-04-09 03:33 PM

I know the feeling.  In my eyes some are just like this.  But then they are not true friends and we just need to move on.

The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, not the kindly smile, not the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone believes in him and is willing to trust him with his friendship."

--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
2 posted 2000-04-09 04:09 PM

Daniel,
He is more than a friend.  That is what makes it so hard.  Thanks for the kind words.  Sorry you can relate in any way.

Friends are friend forever if the Lord's the Lord of them and a friend will not say never cause the welcome will not end.
--Michael W. Smith

Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
3 posted 2000-04-09 05:10 PM

LW, this is an excellent poem. . .a good companion to your other poem, "In Your Eyes. . ."

Sometimes, we see only what we want to see. . .it's hard to look with OPEN eyes and see the truth. . . perhaps you are doing this now. . .

------------------------------------------------------------

That which gives light must endure burning
--Victor Frankl

Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
4 posted 2000-04-09 06:10 PM

As I’m trying to open mine. very good a great big howwwwwwllllllllll....
Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
5 posted 2000-04-09 06:26 PM

Sven,
Thank you.  It is just how I saw things on a particular day.  This is not what I want to see, but how I felt at that moment.  It is not how I feel all the time.  I do try to look with OPEN eyes, but it is hard to decipher that which is truth and that which is not at times.  I do see both sides, but choose not to linger on the negative.

Joel,
Aren't we all.  Thank you and a big hoooooowwwwwllllll right back your way.

--Michael W. Smith

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
6 posted 2000-04-09 09:05 PM

The eyes are indeed windows to the soul.  I can't offer advice here but a general comment -
always beware of the lying eyes......
Great work  

A heart and soul are not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others...
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
7 posted 2000-04-09 09:07 PM

Sounds like you're dating my ex...LOL  Needless to say, I relate well to this one.
My empathies here.

Michael

Caitlin
since 2000-04-09
Posts 15

8 posted 2000-04-10 01:17 AM

Very nice poem, and exactly the way I feel about many people. It's hard to see things positively when all you have to go on is the negative. Hang in there, the sun will be brighter tomorrow  
Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
9 posted 2000-04-10 09:22 PM

Isis....yes, they are the windows to the soul.  Speak volumes about us.  I will beware of the lying eyes....thank you.  

Michael....is that who that was??  LOL.  Just kidding!!!  Sorry you relate and thank you for the empathies.  Much appreciated.

Caitlin....Sorry you feel this way too.  I know it will be brighter soon.  Thank you!!

--Michael W. Smith

Danny Holloway
Member Elite
since 2000-01-15
Posts 2034
Tulsa, OK
10 posted 2000-04-11 11:10 AM

Lone Wolf, enjoyed reading your poem. Nice layout on this one.
dh

Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
11 posted 2000-04-12 08:57 AM

Danny,
Thank you.  Glad you enjoyed it.  I thought I'd try something different on the layout.  

--Michael W. Smith

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
12 posted 2000-04-12 01:18 PM

Lone Wolf~ this is really sad, sounded to me like an abusive relationship...sad...well written....I liked how you did it. -SEA
ShadowHeart
since 2000-03-25
Posts 49

13 posted 2000-04-12 05:43 PM

Great job here!    This touches me...I know exactly how you feel.  I just posted some poems about loving but not getting love in return.  I was hurt when I wrote them but I got through it.  You will too!!    Great Job, Again!

<3 shadow

Love is our greatest weakness
but when it's found,
it's our greatest strength.

Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
14 posted 2000-04-12 11:50 PM

SEA,
Felt sad when I wrote it.  Emotional abuse is one of the worst kinds.  The scars are deep and do not heal easily.  Thank you.

SH,
Thank you and I will check out your work.  I know I will get through it eventually.  Thanks, again.  

--Michael W. Smith

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » In My Eyes

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary