navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » The Way I am
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Way I am Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland

0 posted 2000-04-02 07:56 PM

Everything I say and everything I do,
Is dictated by the love in my heart,
Why do others fail to see this?
I've been this way from the start.

Is my love the killing vine,
That clings and clings and kills?
In my understanding love is there,
To comfort and nuture after life's spills.

People flock, they like what they see,
But eventually things begin to waver,
Is too much love a bad thing?
For me it is something I savour.

One has even sad I'm mad,
I love and worry to much,
My love for others in fact destroying myself,
But without this love I'd lose touch.

I can't help the way I am,
I do not act this way on purpose,
It is as much a part of me,
As I live and breathe.

Why condemn?  Why do people fear it so?
Why I am made the way I am?
Why should I doubt this loving heart?
People, love and accept me the way I am!!

There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self...
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

© Copyright 2000 Isis - All Rights Reserved
dhuron
since 2000-03-19
Posts 476

1 posted 2000-04-02 10:09 PM

Isis,

Sounds like a wonderful way to be.  True Friends and loved ones will accept you for who you are.  IT is good that you will not change for anyone else, stick  to your guns and you'll prevail.

The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, not the kindly smile, not the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone believes in him and is willing to trust him with his friendship."

--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

2 posted 2000-04-02 10:18 PM

Isis, this poem touches me...I relate so much to what you are saying in this...
some people love so intensly and feel so much emotion in everything they do that it "smothers" and scares off those who keep that side of them hidden.
you are so right...love it or leave it... accept it and be grateful to have someone who is capable of giving of themselves like this...the alternative sucks..*S*
your the best sweets  
take care, jm

she said I dont know if I've ever been good enough,
and I'm a little bit rusty, and I feel like my head is caving in.
...and I dont know if I've ever been really loved by a hand thats touched me...
and I feel like somethings gonna give...
and I'm a little bit angry.
matchbox20

just_another_fe
since 2000-02-05
Posts 483
MICHIGAN
3 posted 2000-04-02 10:44 PM

Isis~
Great poem. You can only be who you are and if people can't accept that then they aint worth your time. One thing i've learned is not to pretend to be something your not. The real you will always come out in the end so why waste time pretending.
~Angie

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
4 posted 2000-04-03 12:57 PM

Thanks everyone, I am what I am, and they can take it or leave it!!  

There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self...
~Isis~

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
5 posted 2000-04-03 04:16 PM

Lovely and true thoughts Isis.  I know most friendships are based on each one accepting the other for who they are and appreciating or admiring them for who they are and I believe marriages that last are based on this same principle.    James
ShadowHeart
since 2000-03-25
Posts 49

6 posted 2000-04-04 09:17 PM

I like this poem!  I think that everyone on DP will agree with me when I say that we'll accept you as you are.

<3shadow

Love is our greatest weakness
but when it's found,
it's our greatest strength.

Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
7 posted 2000-04-04 10:19 PM

The way you are is. . .

Wonderful. . . kind. . . caring. . . and sweet. . .

A good friend. . . a loving person. . . a good friend to me. . .

Excellent poem. . . as always Isis. . .

-------------------------------------------------------

That which gives light must endure burning
--Victor Frankl

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
8 posted 2000-04-05 02:52 AM

Thanks everyone  

~Isis~

tracie66
Member Elite
since 2000-01-18
Posts 4713
Australia
9 posted 2000-04-06 07:25 AM

~Isis~
Stay true to your heart and always just be who you are and not what you think others will want you to be, make that mistake and you will live to regret it.
Your heart sounds so sincere and beautiful and to lose that would be horrible.
I relate to this so well and your words were so true
HUGS Tracie

Keep all the windows of your mind open
Anne Rooks

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
10 posted 2000-04-06 07:09 PM

Thanks Tracie, I made that decision a couple of years back, I am what I am, and they can like it or lump it.  Still, quietly and alone, it still hurts.. you Know???  Glad you liked the poem, and I won't be changing any time soon .....

~Isis~

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
11 posted 2000-04-06 07:31 PM

Isis~ I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who worries over loving too much and not understanding how that could be a bad thing. How can loving someone be a smothering thing? I love being loved and treasured. I don't think I'll ever say someone loves me too much. Stay true to your heart. Love is not a bad thing!!   -SEA
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
12 posted 2000-04-06 09:18 PM

Thanks Sea, I know loving is wonderful.  It just hurts that people use and abuse or even hate it.  

~Isis~

ZuMBLe
since 2000-03-27
Posts 33

13 posted 2000-04-06 09:36 PM

Wow, I really felt this poem.  I'm going through something like that myself.  Questioning why I am the way I am.  I wonder if my caring for someone is hurting them.  I wonder if they just don't understand this is me.  But when they need something they aren't affraid to take my love.  But they aren't willing to accept it all.. Sigh.. will written poem.  But I like you agree.. Loving someone shouldn't be a bad thing.. Why can't everyone understand this?

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
14 posted 2000-04-06 09:50 PM

Zumble all I can say or add to your comment is maybe they are emotional zombies.  They shut themselves off from the world, so as not to get hurt, and they don't mind taking what they need.  It must be a sad existance for them.  I prefer my world filled with love, and those that don't are missing so much.  Thanks  

~Isis~

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

15 posted 2000-04-07 02:49 PM

I just "read" myself in the mirror, only through another's words, "my love for others is destroying myself"
it is a blessing to read another's words...thank you!

Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
16 posted 2000-04-08 04:48 PM

Isis
Can I try to sum up this age old question.
We are passionate people, where most are not, but we must live with ?? the normal ones, haha.
Most of the normal people have reserved emotions pent up, and they have this fear of
being found out, just exactly what they are feeling,
Most poets, (for lack of a better description can you believe it?) don’t have this fear,
we jump into what ever with a heated passion, with all we have and it scares the hell out of them. and we try to express our all. Our biggest fault is that sometimes we fall in love with a “normal” person. They just don’t understand our lack of fear in
e emotional dep.
Love Joel.

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
17 posted 2000-04-08 06:32 PM

Thanks Irish Rose, you see that in the mirror too? LOL
Joel, you are spot on my friend.  Funny thing I realised too, my son is 41/2 started preschool this year, and he tries to hard to make friends, tells them he loves them etc. Scares them off, seems he's just like his Mom poor little tike!!! LOL
Thanks for reading, glad you all enjoyed it.

~Isis~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » The Way I am

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary