navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Betrayal
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Betrayal Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Broken Wings
since 2000-03-18
Posts 157
Miami, FL.

0 posted 2000-03-29 04:02 PM

Betrayal

Throughout my life I have known happiness and despair.

I’ve learned how to love and hate.

I’ve often walked that familiar road to hell.

Yes, once or twice I have thrown my life off a ledge, but this world would not let it come to an end.

I have lived through days, weeks, and months of storms, surviving by holding on to the hope that there was something more.

My childhood was destroyed by your usage of drugs.

My innocence stolen, by someone I thought I could trust.

For years I lived alone in silence with that deep dark secret

Until I told you.

The years past but the day for you to defend me from the thief did arrive.

With only a few words, you could erase my shame and restore my pride.

We met him face to face and even though my whole body shook, I felt strong with you by my side.

Then…

Hugs and kisses you exchanged

As I felt my strength start to slip away.

Embraced by fear

Frozen by shock

Once again I saw myself in that room of shame, lying in a bed of tears.

Unable to move

Unable to breathe

My soul screamed that the nightmare would end.

Brought back by the sounds of your laughter and footsteps

My heart bled

My life shattered

As you and the thief walked away.

Now…

I can’t live in tomorrow

I don’t live in today

I only live trapped in yesterday, Where a mother’s betrayal was too much to take.

"As you learn and grow, you will realize the greater the pain, the greater the growth."
-IYANLA VANZANT

© Copyright 2000 ~ Vanessa ~ - All Rights Reserved
just_another_fe
since 2000-02-05
Posts 483
MICHIGAN
1 posted 2000-03-29 04:31 PM

Broken Wings~
WOW...I really
don't know what to
say. This is well written.
Very powerful words. I could
picture this in my head
as i was reading it.
Good Job.
~Angie

Hope, tears, and renewal
since 2000-03-27
Posts 74

2 posted 2000-03-29 04:32 PM

That made me cry... I wish you the best of luck in moving on... or dwelling... whichever you choose, good luck.
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
3 posted 2000-03-29 04:33 PM

Broken Wings~ this made me cry. I can't even imagine going through that. I'm so sorry for your heart. No mother should be that way.-SEA
Virgo
since 2000-03-27
Posts 46
tx
4 posted 2000-03-29 04:50 PM

I know what it feels like to have a deep dark secret...knowing and feeling that betrayal.  At least you can write about it which is one step closer to healing...my heart goes out to you.
It was a great poem but it brought back too many memories...stay strong.

StarrGazer
since 2000-03-05
Posts 679
Texas
5 posted 2000-03-29 05:11 PM

Broken Wings this brought me to tears too wonderfully written ((((((Hugggzzzz))))) here for you should you ever need anyone to talk to
Shan

"A poet is one who spends a lifetime standing out in thunderstorms, waiting to be hit by lightning"
~Randal Jarrell~

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
6 posted 2000-03-29 05:46 PM

Broken you did a nice job of writing down your feelings here...I'm sorry...it's so sad that your mom could not sense your need for her to be there for you and to stand with you at that moment..it is my hope that she will someday understand and share your pain.  Healing will come with or with out her understanding..it will come from within your heart.
Take care.  James

Broken Wings
since 2000-03-18
Posts 157
Miami, FL.
7 posted 2000-03-29 07:02 PM

Angie~ Thank You For Reading, i'm glad you liked it.  

Hope~ sorry for making you cry..my wish is that one day i will be able to move on before it destroys me. Thank You  

Sea~ sorry for making you cry too.. she has done many things to me, i really thought that she would stand by me that time.Thank you for reading.  

Virgo~ i'm sorry that it brought you back painful memories...and i hope that by writting about it is a step forward and not backward. **HUG**  

Starr~ Thank you for the offer...i'm sorry i made you cry also...it wasnt my intention to make anyone sad...i felt the need to write and share this poem with you all...my 2nd home.thanks for the hug and heres one for you **HUG**  

James~ so far it seems that my healing will have to come without her understanding and that hurts even more.I hope the healing comes soon, i fear this pain is destroying my husband and kids lives. Thank You for your wishes.  
< !signature-->

"As you learn and grow, you will realize the greater the pain, the greater the growth."      
-IYANLA VANZANT

[This message has been edited by Broken Wings (edited 03-29-2000).]

dhuron
since 2000-03-19
Posts 476

8 posted 2000-03-29 07:05 PM

This is so PIERCING Broken,

so very Piercing

The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, not the kindly smile, not the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone believes in him and is willing to trust him with his friendship."

--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Angel Usagi
since 2000-03-29
Posts 11

9 posted 2000-03-29 07:51 PM

Very well written poem.  It made me cry.

~*Angel Usagi*~

AVANTI
since 2000-02-02
Posts 664
INDIA/MAHARASHTRA/PUNE
10 posted 2000-03-30 02:08 AM

such a powerful verse...
deep feelings...and so much pain in it...
it beautuiful

you don't have to understand completely..to love completely...
remember even the darkest night has a morning to meet...you'll understand someday..Avanti Rao

Sandra Cox
since 2000-03-24
Posts 48
Essex, London,UK
11 posted 2000-03-30 03:47 AM

What very powerful words and how sad.  I guess its not the first time someone will say this but she may have destroyed your life so far, don't let her destroy your soul or what's left of your life.  You have many people who care about you, take strength from that and beat this evil that has led you here so far!  

Best wishes for the future.

Sandra x

Broken Wings
since 2000-03-18
Posts 157
Miami, FL.
12 posted 2000-03-30 02:51 PM

dhuron~ thats exactly what it feels like. Thanks for reading.  

Angel~ Thank you   and sorry for the tears.

Avanti~ Thanky you for taking the time to read it.  

Sandra~ Thank you for your words of strength.  

Broken
since 2000-03-12
Posts 271
The woods
13 posted 2000-03-30 06:32 PM

Exellent poem Broken Wings! There is so much in it that I relate to and have lived through myself. Loved the ending
I can’t live in tomorrow

I don’t live in today

I only live trapped in yesterday, Where a mother’s betrayal was too much to take.
Don't let go of your hope, it will get you through anything. Hugs to you my friend ~Broken

I bleed my feelings on a white sheet
I color the blank page red
It leaves me blodless
Pallid and stale
While the crimson pain thunder in my head
~Broken~

Broken Wings
since 2000-03-18
Posts 157
Miami, FL.
14 posted 2000-03-30 08:13 PM

Broken~ Thank you, and i'm sorry that you can relate to this. i hope that your rite about HOPE getting me thru this. a **HUG** to you too.  

-IYANLA VANZANT

Aimster
Member Elite
since 2000-02-19
Posts 4297
Charlotte, NC
15 posted 2000-03-30 08:31 PM

Broken

This left me feeling all jumbled up...i sorta can relate to this in a way, describes my bio mom to an extent. This made me cry, it was so powerful. I could literally feel your words. You are a very strong person. Let nothing knock you down. If you need someone to talk to email me and i'll get back to ya.

AMY  

~Live today as though it were your last but prepare for tomorrow as though it were here~

thebeautybrat
since 2000-03-30
Posts 114
Florida
16 posted 2000-03-30 09:01 PM

Wow!!! it must be really tough having to live with that!! I'm so very sorry for the pain that you have experienced and i think it's great that even with a past like that you still had the strength to have kids yourdelf. You are a great poet and you should write many more in the future!!
ShadowHeart
since 2000-03-25
Posts 49

17 posted 2000-03-30 09:10 PM

Great poem!  I sometimes feel this way too.  Just hang on!!  I found that talking to my friends helps...

Love is our greatest weakness
but when it's found,
it's our greatest strength.

Broken Wings
since 2000-03-18
Posts 157
Miami, FL.
18 posted 2000-03-31 12:53 PM

Amy~ Thank you for the offer   sorry that i made you cry tho. I wish i could be stronger when it comes to her...Oh well....maybe someday.

Brat~ I had kids cuz i wanted to be to them what my mother wasn't to me..WOW! thanks for calling me a poet, i don't really see myself as one...but it feels good being thought as one. Thanks  

ShadowHeart~ I'm sorry that you know how it is to feel this way...it can be torture on the soul. I don't have many friends and saying things like this don't come easy to me, but writing helps me lots!  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Betrayal

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary