navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Why?
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Why? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California

0 posted 2000-03-12 09:09 AM

WHY?

Why do I persist to believe
That hope may yet exist?
‘Er to resist that cleansing grieve
And hold clenched tight these fist!

Why do I insist something's there
That no one else can see?
To feign this thin mist of despair
Yet enveloping me!

Why would I still look to the sky
And chance to cast this wish?
That none may feel for none may fly
By wings of Love, selfish!

Why face the world, dreaming awake,
Or scream by eyes shut tight?
By fate unfurled that ne'er could break
The fevered chill of Night!

Why continue to play a game
I know I'll never win?
By no venue to share this name
When guilty of such sin!

Michael Anderson
< !signature-->

For all behind was dark and drear,
And all before was night and fear.
How many hours of night or day
In those suspended pangs I lay,
I could not tell; I scarcely knew
If this were human breath I drew.

Lord Byron

[This message has been edited by Michael (edited 03-13-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Michael Anderson - All Rights Reserved
Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands
1 posted 2000-03-12 11:59 AM

Why ? Only God knows why. We make choices and live with the consequences. Sometimes left behind with deep foul wounds. They need to heal, before another step can be made and healing takes time Micheal. Sometimes lots of time. I wish you healing and will be praying for and with you. You know how and where to reach me.

Another great poem from your tortured soul.

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

2 posted 2000-03-12 12:40 PM

Why do I persist to believe
That hope may yet exist?
‘Er to resist that cleansing grieve
And hold clenched tight these fist!
---------
Why do I insist something's there
That no one else can see?
To feign this thin mist of despair
Yet enveloping me!
----------------
Why continue to play a game
I know I'll never win?
By no venue to share this name
When guilty of such sin!

And why forsake the one answer
Numb fingers still may squeeze?
Never to slake the burning cancer,
But a trigger pull might please.

------------------

M, I just read your other poem posted today, too,I know you realize as I "read between the lines"...I also look for the light...
your making me work real hard with these two...(smile, please)...I know sometimes our poetry can have alot of "artistic emotion" in them...and not be a true "confession" or reflection of everything we are feeling...but then I also know it is a release of what we are feeling...
if you want to talk, you know I understand...what I dont, I try to...you know my e-mail addy..."always in thought", janet marie

Now for me some words come easy
But I know that they don't mean that much
Compared with the things that are said when lovers touch
You never knew what I loved in you
I don't know what you loved in me
Maybe the picture of somebody you were hoping I might be
jackson browne

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
3 posted 2000-03-12 11:23 PM

Michael my liege, hon this one worries me and Janet Marie both.  I know you are down, I sincerely hope you are just expressing yourself and don't feel this way.
You do have something to live for your son for a start..
Email me please or icq I just want to know you are ok.
Yes I am an overprotective and worrying mother type --  so shoot me!!  

May the world hug you today,
With it's warmth and love.
I pray it whispers a joyful tune in your heart,
That tell you there is a friend sitting in another corner of the world,
Wishing you well and
wishing you love......
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

danni
since 1999-11-20
Posts 688
wisconsin
4 posted 2000-03-13 12:18 PM

i have lived these same questions. it has taken three years to begin to find the answers. and i still am far from having them all. i believe it is faith, hope, need, and want. they just as easily feed the will as they starve the will. i am sure you know as well as i that life is a constant learning experience. some come easy, some come hard.
once again i could go on forever......but who wants to read that long.   anyway, keep writing, and releasing. allow the grieving to happen, and try not to feel guilty about being hurt and angry and sad. as people full of passion and love, and fear and questioning, i think we are aloud to feel sorry for ourselves every now and then. anyway, i hope that made some kind of sense. this mind is hard to put into words sometimes. oh yeah, i liked the poem.  

i love too much, and not enough.

ill_tactics
since 2000-02-11
Posts 149

5 posted 2000-03-13 05:52 PM

Exactly what i feel, but why must they play games.  *sigh*  Lifes just not the same anymore.  Nice poem Michael, hope to hear more of them, I know you have many words yet not on paper.  Much love, One love,PEACE

Aimster
Member Elite
since 2000-02-19
Posts 4297
Charlotte, NC
6 posted 2000-03-13 06:03 PM

Michael,

I am with Janet and Isis on this one. I am worried about you hon. You have a beautiful way with words dont get me wrong. But this one really left me thinking. You have lots to live for and to do. You will see, your day has yet to come. What day you may ask? Your day to smile and to be happy. I know this may sound corny...but I believe yours may be sooner than you think. Please take care and if you need anything, u know how to contact me. Take care,

AMY  

~Live today as though it were your last but prepare for tomorrow as though it were here~

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
7 posted 2000-03-13 06:14 PM

I enjoyed reading this Michael.  Many times I have felt like hope is the only thing I have left...the hope that life is good days and bad ones and the good will always outmaneuver the bad..and it does help me thru my hard times.   James
PoeticKnight
since 2000-01-20
Posts 1144
New Orleans, LA
8 posted 2000-03-13 06:19 PM

I am the only one not worried about you. It must be a man thing...*L* I know you'll be alright, your poetry is so great, i am shamed. I know writing is just a release and not a literal thing, in most cases.
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
9 posted 2000-03-13 10:56 PM

Michael~ again you move me. I wish I could write like that. -SEA
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

10 posted 2000-03-14 12:03 PM

WHY NOT?
Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
11 posted 2000-03-15 12:46 PM

Munda, it is friends like you that make healing possible.

Janet - sorry, had to change the battery in the flash light...LOL  Wasn't seeing much light there myself.  Actually think I was walking with my eyes closed to reality...thanks for helping me find my way back.

Isis, thanks Mom... I was for the most part just expressing myself because for the most part I fear death might hold this pain eternal if I were to leave this way.  For all intents and purposes, though, I am dead already me thinks.

danni, I know exactly what you are saying.  Sometimes the pain is so deep it comes out loookin' real ugly on the paper.  Still, I have to release it or healing will never begin.  Thank you for your understanding and your friendship.

ill_tactics, I have many many more words left in me.  Hopefully some will address that peace you speak of soon.

AMY, I hope it comes sooner... but I have my reservations when it comes to "hope" in general.  I'm glad you extended your hand to me when I was down, that will not be lost to me.

James, good philosophy...wish I could adapt my own to such as yours.     It is people who always seem to be happy that urge me on I think - if nothing else, to just one day figure out what they were born with that I wasn't.

JML, exactly, it is release of emotion that might otherwise wreak havoc on my life.  

SEA, you can!

serenity - well I'm tempted to just say "because" just of reflex...LOL  But in all sincerity, I have no answer right now.

Thank you all for the kind replies, and the extensions of friendship.  I love you all.

Michael

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Why?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary