navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Sleep
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Sleep Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
danni
since 1999-11-20
Posts 688
wisconsin

0 posted 2000-02-29 02:36 AM

Another one that is not dark, but what can i say, this is home. Besides, i figured this kinda happens in the dark. so that was enough reasoning for me. hehehe. hope nobody minds and everyone enjoys.

I wake up
beside you
as dawn breaks
over the horizon
and watch you
sleep
Moments quickly
slipping into hours
Afraid to breathe
too deeply
or move
Not wanting to lose
this stolen moment
of simple pleasure
I can't help but stare
and admire
the peaceful expression
of contented slumber
that rests upon
your tranquil face
I watch you
breathe
Your chest rising
and falling
in the same rythmn
that lulled me
the night before
Realizing
I hadn't slept
that good in years
I run my fingers
ever so gently
through your hair
Thinking
I coud do this;
wake up beside you
and watch you
every morning
for the rest of my life
You stir
slightly
but do not wake
I move in
closer to you
You wrap yourself
around me
And kiss me once
on my neck
I smile
and fall
back into sleep

© Copyright 2000 Dannielle - All Rights Reserved
Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
1 posted 2000-02-29 03:11 AM

Arghh!!!  Not something I need to be reading right now knowing I'm walking up next to no one...  beautiful poem, danni.  Someone is very lucky is sounds like to me.  

Michael

danni
since 1999-11-20
Posts 688
wisconsin
2 posted 2000-02-29 03:18 AM

LOL! Micheal, you comments usually tend to make me laugh! I know this probably sounds repititious and meaningless, but with a heart and mind like yours, there will be someone. i spent three years sleeping alone, longer if you wanna include the years that there was a body there but not a heart. and i finally found someone. it is i who am lucky. thanks so much for the comment and the laugh. lord know what the heck i'm doing up so late! anyway........thanks again!  
paulsm
since 2000-02-26
Posts 48

3 posted 2000-02-29 04:44 AM

Danny,

Not usually my style of poem but I can relate to the feelings in this one. So can someene very dear to me. You express it well, it plucked my heart strings  .

Thankyou

Paul Middleton

Slow Down, stop to smell the roses and stroll through the garden of life, it will be a more pleasurable experience.

Aimster
Member Elite
since 2000-02-19
Posts 4297
Charlotte, NC
4 posted 2000-02-29 09:37 AM

~danny

this was great, exactly what i needed to read to start out a new day. Thanks for making me smile. I am glad you have someone so wonderful in your life. Please take care and God Bless.

Amy  

~Live today as though it were your last but prepare for tomorrow as though it were here~

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

5 posted 2000-02-29 10:12 AM

this is sweet!! very nice!!like amy said a perfect way to start the day...good work.

You're going to hear my voice in the morning calling your name
And know my love and my desperation were one and the same...
Baby it's alright...
Take this pain and all this sadness
It's alright
Take this rain
You're going to be free...
Jackson Browne
*I love you baby*

devinmaria
since 2000-02-14
Posts 130
Middletown, Ohio
6 posted 2000-02-29 10:18 AM

beautiful danni, makes me not only think of my husband but also my daughter in some ways because i often watch her sleep.  theres nothing so wonderful as watching your baby sleep so quietly and peacefully.  not only because if they are sleeping they arent tearing your house apart, but also because they just look like tiny angels.  wonderful way to express it.  thanks for sharing.

aimee

Trust I seek and I find in you. Everyday for us something new. Open mind for a different view, and nothing else matters. --Metallica

danni
since 1999-11-20
Posts 688
wisconsin
7 posted 2000-02-29 12:15 PM

well many thanks and your welcomes to you all. devin-i agree, i often watch my son sleep too. these moments are my favorites! thanks again to all!  
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Sleep

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary