navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » When Deaths' Eyes Beckon
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic When Deaths' Eyes Beckon Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Bojopy
since 2000-01-03
Posts 391

0 posted 2000-01-24 10:05 PM

This is about a friend who told me he wanted to kill himself.  I was there for him and we came up with a solution together.  

Deaths' eyes beckon... within a friend
He wants his lonely world... jsut to end
What am I.........Who am I
Do I want to give in to his try

Checkered & kinged in this game
But I do not feel so much the same
My same is not his own
It began with a different type of tone

Hello to the dream of this foe
my untolerable; my simplistic soul
The hands within feel your equal
But you & I will never sequel
So give it up.....give your mind
                    another find
              just one more time

Stand up to it's edge & it's pledge
Don't make words or make bleds
Burn the brain before you pull it
Turn again & again before you send that bullet!!

My friend had a gun and everything.  He told me he was going to do it but THANK GOD he did not!!  I was there for him and I think I was the only one he could really tell.  So to all you poets out there somtimes it is good to tell some friends of your thoughts!!  He knew of my poetry and I think he thought that I was a person who he could talk too and I am grateful for it!!!!!

"Write down what you say if what you say is not written down" (Bojopy)

© Copyright 2000 Bojopy - All Rights Reserved
armanca
since 1999-07-07
Posts 211
Tennessee
1 posted 2000-01-24 10:17 PM

Great piece... I haven't known you long and there is much much more to learn.  But I see in you...such a great friend.  A savior to those who feel unbearably alone.  I only hope that you seek some comfort knowing how you help others.  I'm sure your friend is grateful to have you around.  And well...with regarding me... Always respond with your heart.  *smile*  

Take care of you...

with love,

Carman

kitkat
since 2000-01-11
Posts 878
Nova Scotia
2 posted 2000-01-24 10:33 PM

I too, have a friend who thought she should die. She even tried to end her life once.
She was convinced she was a failure. She commented she even failed at killing herself.I told her I was the failure for not understanding her pain. This brought us both to tears. We talked and still do about everything she thought she never could do.
Thank the stars above she is on the road to recovery

--------------
You got to get up every morning with a smile on your face
and show the world all the love in your heart
Then people are gonna treat you better
You're gonna find, yes you will
That your beautiful as you feel.~~~ Carol King

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
3 posted 2000-01-25 12:20 PM

Sometimes the only thing we can do in a situation like this is care. Your poetry shows that you have a loving, caring heart. I'm glad you posted this. I'm glad you were there for your friend. Thank you!
Amy J. Renz
since 1999-11-06
Posts 26
Newark, NJ, USA
4 posted 2000-01-26 12:05 PM

Thanks for sharing your experience, the way you worded everything was beautiful.  And a good reference for future use, because, sadly, that will probably not be the only time a friend will come to you with a problem of that nature.  Hope to hear from you again soon!
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
5 posted 2000-01-26 12:17 PM

A timely reminder for us all.  I too am glad you were there for your friend.  Thanks for the poem and being the special kind of person you are  

Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely.
~Isis~
(Sovereign of the Spirit)

Bojopy
since 2000-01-03
Posts 391

6 posted 2000-01-27 06:11 AM

Thanks for the responses on this... that friend of mine and I are really different in so many ways.  He has a chip on his shoulder but I think I brought him some affection he was lacking.  Guys should really show more affection to other guys who are there friends.  I have a lot friends who really love the fact I can show affection towards them and wish they did not have that homo type attitude.  And they have told me this.  Anyway thanks again

a-alibaster
since 2000-01-08
Posts 392

7 posted 2000-01-27 07:15 AM

Bojopy....
the words are wonderful and what you did for your friend is uncomparable!
11 years ago I sat in a house full of ppl and overdosed...right in front of their noses...no one knew, no one saw, and no one cared...I was in a coma for 2 nights and almost 3 three days.....I wish you would have been my friend!!!
...And fair warning to any who may think that suicide is your answer....
There is no worse feeling than waking up and knowing you couldn't even kill yourself right!!
That is a far worse feeling than the things you will feel in your life!!
Thank you for sharing Bojopy!

There is an alter ego which
dwells in every soul...
a-alibaster

Mario21
since 1999-12-17
Posts 11

8 posted 2000-01-28 10:04 AM

You are the kind of friend that I needed when I wanted to end my life. When my time came I had to stop myself. I say thanks for your friend for being a good friend.

Let it be done!

G. A. Webb
since 2000-01-21
Posts 441
Stanton, California, USA
9 posted 2000-01-28 10:17 AM

Good job! Not only in the writing but most importantly in saving a life. That person is very lucky to have a friend like you.

G

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
10 posted 2000-01-28 10:56 AM

Bojopy you are not only a good poet you are a friend that one can count on.  Your life is an adventure.   James
Osiris
since 2000-01-27
Posts 20

11 posted 2000-01-28 03:56 PM

not only a good writer but quite a safety net you are
Bojopy
since 2000-01-03
Posts 391

12 posted 2000-01-29 08:38 PM

I would just like to say that I am not a life saver.  I was just at the right place at the right time.  The people who are life savers are doctors.  My sister is a doctor and what she does is uncomparable!!!  I'd like to thank all people in the medical field!!  And one last thing never sue the medical people!!!  I mean come on why!!!  Unless it was on purpose, they are there to help!!!!!!!!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » When Deaths' Eyes Beckon

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary