navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Dark Thoughts
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Dark Thoughts Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Holden
since 1999-12-23
Posts 26
Brighton East, Victoria, Australia

0 posted 1999-12-23 10:56 PM

Thoughts run through my head
With visions of me dead,
Don't ask me why I do not know
I feel I've been misled.
Someone once said life is great
When everything goes your way,
Throughout my life I cannot say
I've lived a perfect day.
Something always goes wrong
Someone always brings me down,
It may not be intentional
But I feel that I am bound
To live a life everyone lives
With equal pain and anger.
However I cannot imagine
My life getting any stranger.
My mood swings unnatural
My life is getting weird,
Emotions that I've locked away
So I can stop my fears.
One minute I am sad
The next I am depressed,
With every little thing
Causing me a bit more stress.
Living the life of a teenager
So delicately I am blind,
To love happiness and joy
Locked away out of my mind.

'I once picked a daisy's petals searching for an answer. I went through 10 daisy's before getting the answer I was looking for...I love you.'

© Copyright 1999 Jared - All Rights Reserved
~Red~
since 1999-11-02
Posts 36
chicago, Ill-na, u.s.a.
1 posted 1999-12-23 11:45 PM

Wow! this is really good! And it flowed really nice too, i like it even more for i can really relate to this,..being a teen, tis no fun...email me if you wanna talk...great poem,can't wait to hear more

~Why is it that you beleive in perfection my friend? For perfection is a dream, it shall never be acheived. So tell me why you beleive in perfection?....For PErfection doesn't exist..~

FreeByrd
since 1999-11-03
Posts 267

2 posted 1999-12-24 03:54 PM

Great job H. Very well written loaded with feelings.
Tough time being a teen. Just try keeping your head on straight. Mistakes are O.K. as long as you learn from them.
You've found a great place to express yourself and get support if you want it.

Happy Holidays

-RS

There must be some kinda way out of here... say the joker to the thief

There's to much confusion, I can't get no relief

- Hendrix

~darkangel~
since 1999-12-18
Posts 8

3 posted 1999-12-25 12:49 PM

I can relate to this.  I know how you feel.  But I dont feel ne more.  I refuse to feel love, pain, happiness, sadness and all of the other worthless emotions.  I really loved your poem.  Keep up the good work!!
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
4 posted 1999-12-25 05:33 PM

My these are dark thoughts and responses.  I loved this poem, but just have to add, life with no emotions good or bad is simply a waking death.  No one should live or should WANT to live without these garnishes in life's journey.  

Reach inside your heart, that is the greatest gift you can bestow. Merry Christmas..
~Isis~
(Daughter of Mystery)

Cmooch
since 1999-12-20
Posts 5

5 posted 1999-12-25 08:54 PM

I liked your poem alot. I know exactly how it feels to always be brought down, even unintentionally

Great poem!

dhuron
since 2000-03-19
Posts 476

6 posted 2000-04-20 12:11 PM

Wonderful Wonderful Poem here.  Great Job, I really liked this one.  It is so close to home...so close.  Thanks for sharing.

Daniel

The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, not the kindly smile, not the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone believes in him and is willing to trust him with his friendship."

--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kurly
since 2000-04-21
Posts 48

7 posted 2000-04-21 11:11 AM

Dear Poet,
  Being a teen is very hard, i should know i'm right in there.
  And I hope you don't get made fun of as much as I do. I like your poem cuz it represents my life as it is now.

Holden
since 1999-12-23
Posts 26
Brighton East, Victoria, Australia
8 posted 2000-04-21 09:31 PM

Thank you all for replying to this poem.  Your replies are all encouraging and I am very grateful.  If you liked this poem, then please go and find my other posts and reply to them too.  It would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

-Jared

'I once picked a daisy's petals searching for an answer. I went through 10 daisy's before getting the answer I was looking for...I love you.'

Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
9 posted 2000-04-22 09:06 AM

Yes at times it seems this world has gone mad in a pot of stew,  and we the pot tenders putting in our rotten potatoes.
but it's not all bad, I'm still looking.
Joel

I howl a mornful song, that echos within my chambered heart, for all to read? nay for all to feel.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Dark Thoughts

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary