navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #32 » Distorted world.
Open Poetry #32
Post A Reply Post New Topic Distorted world. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
exhale
since 2003-06-13
Posts 646
Alberta,Canada

0 posted 2004-06-26 08:41 PM

it's surprizing how close death can seem
a few capsels away
a few blood drops to drain
it's the state of mind that drives us to it
a bad day
preceded by 15 bad years
is it worth it?
i mean,is it really really worth it?
can you say the world would be a better place?
can you say i won't need you,
like i already do..
looking to the mirror for answers
but seeing only a distorted image
so young
so wrong..

© Copyright 2004 Chelsea - All Rights Reserved
Susan
Member Ascendant
since 2004-03-27
Posts 5104
walking the surreal
1 posted 2004-06-26 10:04 PM

Distorted, yes.  There is beauty all around, love in many hearts ready to be shared, and a future that is ready for the making.  So girl, look in the mirror and imagine the "what ifs" of the potential reflected there.  I know how it is to feel consumed by the shadows.  But the light is merely a heart beat away, I promise you.

Hugs -- Susan

Happiness isn't something that happens to you, it's created from within you.  Joy is a state of mind.

the_loner_23
Member Ascendant
since 2002-06-08
Posts 5479
Jacksonville, Florida, USA
2 posted 2004-06-26 11:32 PM

I could feel the pain in this piece. Awesome work.

Cold hands means a warm heart

Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
3 posted 2004-06-26 11:50 PM

Very painful, very powerful and quite dark and entrancing.

Here in the midst of my lonely abyss, a single joy I find...your presence in my mind.  Unknown

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
4 posted 2004-06-27 03:00 AM

You are able to evoke such pain in your writing and it feels very real.  I hope it is not.  If it is, all I can say is what my folks used to remind me, that tomorrow is a new day, and every day brings new possibilities.  *big hugs sent your way*
Kevo
since 2004-06-02
Posts 466
Navarro County, Texas, USA
5 posted 2004-06-27 03:14 AM

I recently had a friend commit suicide.  His son will never know him.  Tragic consequences.  I always say, "Life is full of choices, however the consequences are clearly defined."  The consequence of such a selfish act is to send loved one reeling with unending pain, second guessing, unparalleled grief, and abandonment (orphaning, widowing, etc.).  Hopefully, if I'm reading this right as a request to a friend to reconsider, your friend will realize what he/she truly stands to lose because his/her hill seems to be this uncompromising mountain.  Looking at the big picture, my health, family, working, friends, etc. always helps me find my way to the top.  Perhaps evaluating how truly lucky we are just to breathe, and what a miracle that is in itself, will help to overcome thoughts of running away.  Warm regards and support from all of us here.  BTW, well-written, poignant, engaging work.  I thoroughly appreciated the opportunity to share in its message.

Kevin

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #32 » Distorted world.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary