navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #32 » Fragility
Open Poetry #32
Post A Reply Post New Topic Fragility Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Serra_Avatar
since 2004-01-11
Posts 58

0 posted 2004-06-26 12:10 PM

Fragility

The fragility of the heart is both a blessing and a curse. It gives life its sweetest tastes...but is also that which can burn the tongue.

I thought those words when I was pondering how much I've come to care about my best friend. The feeling is new to me surprisingly enough. Just short of actual love but more than a feeling of close friendship. Sometimes I'm seen as just that...a friend...other times a father(ish) figure...a benevolent wise man...but never as an A-typical 17 year old boy she knows. Well there is a piece of my mind. I'm up for a piece of someone elses mind if they'd like to share.  

© Copyright 2004 Ron Joseph Rios Jr. - All Rights Reserved
miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH
1 posted 2004-06-26 01:20 AM

"The fragility of the heart is both a blessing and a curse. It gives life its sweetest tastes...but is also that which can burn the tongue."

So well expressed; what amazes me is how sensitive the tongue is.  One would think the senses would dull after time, but with each new experience, the senses are as strong as ever.

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
2 posted 2004-06-26 02:39 AM

Yes, very true.  Good write and thanks for sharing.   ....jo
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
3 posted 2004-06-26 04:00 AM

hugs m'friend
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #32 » Fragility

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary