navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #32 » Exhausted Extremes
Open Poetry #32
Post A Reply Post New Topic Exhausted Extremes Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart

0 posted 2004-06-06 04:16 PM

Exhausted Extremes

Almost polluted, happenstance decrees
save me, save me…

boundaries limit
even magic of mirror’s age;
lifelines held hostage,
such a lonely stage;
bereft of comfort, belittled by fate;

and yet, yet, angels appear…

and magic is lent, once again.

~*~

For Mysteria, who knows…

06/06/04

© Copyright 2004 Karilea Rilling Jungel - All Rights Reserved
Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
1 posted 2004-06-06 04:34 PM

Karilea

"and yet, yet, angels appear…

and magic is lent, once again."

Perhaps this lovely poem was angel made...certainly for a very special person.

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
2 posted 2004-06-06 06:42 PM

angels do appear just when you need them the most and don't even know it
Magnus
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-10-10
Posts 14135
South Carolina, USA
3 posted 2004-06-06 07:12 PM

KJ,  you have done well with this piece,  
given from a huge heart to another.

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
4 posted 2004-06-06 07:38 PM

"boundaries limit
lifelines held hostage,
such a lonely stage;

and yet, yet, angels appear…

and magic is lent, once again."

Karilea...you are so good at giving out heart hugs..
and this one goes to a very special and deserving person.
Well done!

kayjay
Member Elite
since 2002-06-24
Posts 2015
Oregon
5 posted 2004-06-06 09:08 PM

A lovely write for one of pip's enduring and endearing writers from another.  KJ

Through rubble and trouble and dark of night
The yawn of a dawn will hasten the light

Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
6 posted 2004-06-06 11:03 PM

Absolutely beautiful. Hugs lady! Chris

Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale.
                                          Hans Christian Anderson

James_A_Fraser
since 2003-09-03
Posts 972
Out Making Anticlines
7 posted 2004-06-07 09:51 AM

They do ~~ I know this well. Thank you for this lovely poem, and I hope its recipient finds even more in it than I did.

~~J

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

8 posted 2004-06-07 11:48 AM

yes...she knows...
as does the poet.

( love the alliterated title.)

muted
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2004-01-15
Posts 2949
Elapsing, Eclipsing, Evolving
9 posted 2004-06-07 11:58 AM

i dont know what you are refering to (seems im the only one LOL) but i know this is a darned good poem...and it touches me...no matter what the reasoning.

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
10 posted 2004-06-07 02:24 PM

Exhausted Extremes

Almost polluted, happenstance decrees     Actually, that is a nice way of putting it you know?
save me, save me… Ah, I see you heard me down there?

boundaries limit
lifelines held hostage,
such a lonely stage;
Honey, all I can say is that perhaps you need new glasses!

and yet, yet, angels appear… Sunshine that they do, yes indeed they surely do.

and magic is lent, once again. And, don't tell anyone but I love every second of it      
~*~
For Mysteria, who knows…All kidding aside, yes I surely do, and thank you for this truly.

Sunshine, I needed this more than you know this morning. I took in a stray son last night, who was SO sick having caught a bug from one of his girls,that are still both so sick.  His wife had her hands full so he came, "home."  We had to get him better to travel today, so I was awake all night like something out of "The Soddies", trying to break his fever of 104 and rising.  I rested in a chair by the bed, while he literally shook splinters from my pine bed. (By the way this is why there are Grammas and Mommies - I learned what i did all night from my Grandmother by the way.)  

He was determined to get on a plane at 5:30 a.m. this morning and wanted me to fix him! I am glad to say that mission was accomplished.  So, when you say the lifelines are held hostage, you have no idea what a powerful line that was.  Now that the Dad is fixed, I get two sick children as a reward next week, and then it is yet to hit the mother of this tribe.

Of course, I thought you said, "laughlines not lifelines"      

How sweet of you to surround my soul in your so very eloquent, alliterate blanket this day.  I shall take comfort in it gladly.

May I share this with a mutual friend who could also use a blankie today?  She knows who she is without saying.

Again, thanks so kindly and you know I mean it from my heart, I needed this today.

I had this idea that when you got retired you got to do nothing, but like Serenity, I am just re-tard, not retired.  

I am moving only clouds today ~ tomorrow I might try mountains.

jellybeans
Member Elite
since 2000-10-13
Posts 2298

11 posted 2004-06-07 02:41 PM

ah lady, you write for more than mysteria...for this writes softly on my heart
iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
12 posted 2004-06-07 07:05 PM

Sunshine, there are your spreading your ways in the most eloquent and wonderful ways.  You are one of those angels.  I loved this blankie.   ....jo
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
13 posted 2004-06-07 07:13 PM

Let me explain...

Friday before Memorial Day I tried to download an update to my wireless keyboard and mouse.  It "experienced a problem" while downloading, and asked if I wanted to continue, or stop the process.  Well, it wouldn't stop, and yep...smoked the motherboard [as my computer tech called it.]

What a disaster.  I lost so much, having updated last in mid-April, but I had lots of new photos downloaded to my machine, and those were, sadly, lost.

Had it not been for PiPTalk...I would have lost about forty-four poems...and I did lose about four weeks of updates on my re-write of my novel.  BUT...that can be recaptured, as I still have my notes, of course.

Can't stress it enough, folks.  If you don't back up once a week, then make it at least once a month.  As much as I generate at home, I'm going to start backing up once a night!!!

RELIGIOUSLY....

Mysteria came to my assistance by providing me my much needed e-mail addresses for my PiP friends.  Talk about feeling disconnected...but nope...there she was, right there, ready and willing to help...and with all she's been through in these past months.

Thank you, Mysteria.  You are a crown gem in the PiP Tiara...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #32 » Exhausted Extremes

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary