navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #31 » The Calmness of You
Open Poetry #31
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Calmness of You Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ParisGrl
since 2000-06-01
Posts 610

0 posted 2004-04-08 04:02 PM

When I'm having a bad day and it continues to get worse, sometimes I feel like crying or screaming or beating a wall
All I have to do is think of you and I'm automatically calm.  Yesterday when I saw you in the street, you know you don't have to say anything to me...you just have to be.  I don't know what it is about you that attracts you to me.  Maybe it is because you and I are one.  There is no guessing on my part about this.  I thought I had met my soul mate before....I was about ready to give up, ready to shut this door.

I was prepared to spend the rest of my life alone, I had actually talked myself into it.  Now, I know it doesn't have to be this way.  

Forever it will be just you and me....and the calmness of you.

© Copyright 2004 ParisGrl - All Rights Reserved
ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
1 posted 2004-04-08 06:39 PM

Very nice sentiment and reasoning and I hope it all works out.....I enjoyed the read..

Eric

Ain't doin nothin at all
Just answerin the call
Kinda driftin away from it all~~~~~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #31 » The Calmness of You

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary