navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Who are You?
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic Who are You? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
mgoodman1989
since 2006-03-05
Posts 93
Iowa, USA

0 posted 2006-08-19 02:29 PM

Not really a poem... I guess... everyone at one point or another will look back and say, why did I do that? What was I thinking? Well, I have changed a lot. I've become someone that I'm not necesarrily proud of.

Who are you?
Where did you come from?
Stop posing as the girl
my parents think is me
I don't like you
so just leave me alone
Your rotten, negetive attitude
has no place here
teenage hormones
GET OUT! Leave my body!
My heart, my soul!
Your ruining everything
An awful wave of anger
has flooded over me
drowning the girl
I used to be
standing before the mirror
I can see what has to be done
Using the blade I hold in my hand
I shall set the 'old' me free!

© Copyright 2006 Michelle Elizabeth Goodman - All Rights Reserved
rhia_5779
since 2006-06-09
Posts 1334
California
1 posted 2006-08-19 02:55 PM

it sounds that this is more venting than any thing else. but you did get your message across very clearly
cherrys_rule
since 2006-03-18
Posts 442

2 posted 2006-08-20 03:22 PM

yeah I have to agree... But don't cut yourself that's never the answer. I would know, I went down that path before and It got me nowhere i wanted to be. i just hope you don't make the same dession that i did.
But other then that I thought this was a good poem, you had some rhymes to it so I think you can call it a poem. But what ever.

stargal
since 2006-03-06
Posts 1352
OR USA
3 posted 2006-08-20 06:12 PM

I agree with everything said above^^

Venting can be a good thing though, in fact vent instead of cutting! It sometimes just helps to get all those emotions out before you explode...

I know that I haven’t seen you on here in awhile so I just want to remind you that everyone here on pip is more than happy to listen if you ever need someone to hear. I hope that things improve for you in the future and I know that you have taken the first step by admitting you don’t like your life at the moment. You just need to take another and another until you arrive at the point where you feel complete again, with God’s grace that will be sooner rather than later.

Good luck and God bless!

"I pray thee, O God, that I
may be beautiful within."
–Socrates
                     @-->---

mgoodman1989
since 2006-03-05
Posts 93
Iowa, USA
4 posted 2006-08-20 07:06 PM

Apparently I give off the wrong impression. A very strong wrong impression. I'm sorry for any confusion, but I do not now, nor have I ever cut myself. Life stinks, but I'll get over it.

Thanks for reading.

Love much,
Michelle

toriber
since 2010-06-10
Posts 22
texas
5 posted 2010-06-10 01:17 PM

i totaly love this one!!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Who are You?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary