navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Heart Let Me Be
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic Heart Let Me Be Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
buttercupbaby
since 2006-05-03
Posts 400
outside in the rain

0 posted 2006-07-26 05:32 PM

feeling something inside
wishing that i didn't.
wondering if your feeling it too
knowing that you wouldn't.

ever since you left
i've never stopped loving you
im not going to ever stop
to my heart, i'll be true.

most people tell me
that you were probably "just scared"
but i know thats not right
you never really cared

yet even though, now, i know
you really didn't love me
i still can't let go
because my heart won't let me be.
(i know this is short, and kinda bad, but i thought i'd post it anyway)

~missy
My tears of love are a waste of time if I turn away..
my love is a waste of time
if you never stay

© Copyright 2006 Marisa F - All Rights Reserved
stargal
since 2006-03-06
Posts 1352
OR USA
1 posted 2006-07-26 06:05 PM

Hey buttercupbaby,

It's not short and neither is it bad! Besides it depends on your deffinition of "short", I thought it was the perfect length! - I loved this part of the poem a lot,

"ever since you left
i've never stopped loving you
im not going to ever stop
to my heart, i'll be true."

Isn't it funny how the heart grows fonder, in some cases, with further distance? I think it's rather ironic... Although, I enjoyed how you phrased this stanza, it was an excellent job on your part!

Btw, It's nice to see one of your poems again, I hope this will be the start of many more to follow in the near future. Cause, I always enjoy reading your work.

Thanks a bunch for sharing such a sweet/sad/beautiful poem. It was a pleasurable read

@-->---

buttercupbaby
since 2006-05-03
Posts 400
outside in the rain
2 posted 2006-07-26 06:15 PM

thanks! im glad you liked it! yes, it is ironic, even if someone leaves, is miles away, or you haven't seen them in forever, it seems it doesn't matter, b/c you grow even more in love...
well, i've been thinking about posting some more, i have a notebook of poems, but it seems every time i get on the computer, i can't pick one. it might be that i like keeping some of them to myself. But, ill try to put more on. It makes my day to know someone likes my poetry, thanks=)

-missy

bekahlekah45
since 2006-03-14
Posts 533

3 posted 2006-07-27 02:52 PM

I liked this alot.  i can relate to it sooooo much and i love poems so much more when i relate to them.  You did a wonderful job piecing this together and i cant wait to read more from you!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Heart Let Me Be

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary