navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » forgive, and forget (just enough to stop hurting)
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic forgive, and forget (just enough to stop hurting) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
rhia_5779
since 2006-06-09
Posts 1334
California

0 posted 2006-07-13 03:00 AM

i was surprised earlier today when a girl who i thought i had ended a friendship with was at my house. i think it was cus the person who watches my younger brother and sometimes me was also staying at her house so the girl C. was there. a big surpise, for me. thankfully i guess she had guessed that she couldnt ever again push me around. she didnt. but she acted like she totally knew me and she doesnt. so this is where this comes from. if its long its cause of how the stanzas are set. but it doesnt work another way i dont think.

She tells me I don’t know
Has no idea, why’d let go

Can barely grasp a reason, I might want to forget
That maybe words were said, events I really regret

I want to push them aside, throw them away
How I wish I could, to just keep hurt at bay

Instead as I want to overlook, keeps coming back
It’s the courage to want to forget, that I truly Lack

Part of me wants to hold it in and never give it up, so I can keep hating
How I was, what she did, how neither would apologize, both of us waiting

For the other to do something, say those two words
That may have fixed things, who knows what might occur

Had we not had too much pride? Been more humble, to just say
What was on our minds, that one message we couldn’t convey?

Some memories are too painful to keep in my mind
When if I’m dismal and blue if I search I could find

All the pain, and despair, of a broken past
Of friendships that just couldn’t last

I am not surrendering, just forgiving
I want to move on, keep on living

She doesn’t see that, how I still care
But I have a life that is not a nightmare

I can live it, and still always recall
What went on, but I can put up a wall

So I don’t relive those moments, time after time
Some memories I chose to bury deep, in decline

Maybe someday, I can forever let go
But for now, I will just live and grow.

She thinks she knows me, but oh she is wrong
I  hide more than she understands, how I long

To tell her to her face
Put her in her place.

You know less of me than you think, I trust you less than you want
You don’t pay attention, content to go about what you think you know and flaunt.

[This message has been edited by rhia_5779 (07-13-2006 05:39 PM).]

© Copyright 2006 rhia_5779 - All Rights Reserved
cherrys_rule
since 2006-03-18
Posts 442

1 posted 2006-07-13 11:39 AM

seems to me you were just trying to rhyme, but other than that I thought it was pretty good. I was in that same situation a couple of months ago. But I didn't let her come back in my life b/c then she would of gotten her way, and that's how she was. So I just ignored her and I think you should do the same b/c after awhile she'll get the point and will stop bothering you.

broken_smile1469
since 2006-07-02
Posts 104

2 posted 2006-07-13 12:08 PM

i really liked this poem... i can relate to it too. Great Job!
rhia_5779
since 2006-06-09
Posts 1334
California
3 posted 2006-07-13 05:37 PM

rite now she isnt bugging me, i hav ignored her. she is being nice for now. if i c her ill b nice, but that isnt gonna make us friends again  or anything

stargal
since 2006-03-06
Posts 1352
OR USA
4 posted 2006-07-23 12:11 PM

Hey rhia,

I liked this! Not one of my top tens by you (btw, is this a sequel to one you have already posted?) but it was an enjoyable read because I could relate.  

Although, I’m not sure I agree with cherrys_rule, no offence to her, I just thought the rhyme was pretty good, seemed consistent to me? Yet, I don’t know what I’m talking about so I could be wrong…
The only thing I would suggest would be re-reading this poem and editing some. There seems to be, in some of the lines, words that do not belong or words that aren’t there that maybe should be there, if you know what I mean? Some of the sentences do not make sense because they are missing or having something that doesn’t belong, is basically what I’m trying to say…

Other than that, great job! I liked the ending a lot! I hope everything works out for the better with you and her, but until than just hang in there. In the end you might have to part ways, but at least you tried to be nice to her…

Thanks for sharing

@-->---

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » forgive, and forget (just enough to stop hurting)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary