navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » the World wins all the time
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic the World wins all the time Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
aliway
since 2006-03-05
Posts 185
With in your eyes

0 posted 2006-04-23 01:19 AM

Life is given, death is taken
Light to dark, bad to good
World unseen throw all else be

Who am I, who do you want
Make up your mind this is good bye
I’m losing the fight to the worlds that’s wining

I’m talking to the shadows it self
For no one knows I’m here at all
Life unseen throw all else be

-I don’t really know what I’m trying to say in the first two parts but I hope maybe you can tell me what you think

There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves all of us not to talk about the rest of us.

*Robert L

© Copyright 2006 Leah S. - All Rights Reserved
stargal
since 2006-03-06
Posts 1352
OR USA
1 posted 2006-04-26 10:56 AM

Hey aliway,

This is kind of what I thought you meant in the first stanzas, so correct me if I’m wrong…

Like the first part “life is given, death is taken”, I kind of felt like you were saying that life is a gift to us, for us, and that death is unexpected, it can take you at anytime.
Okay, so maybe I read more into this than there really was, but it’s a nice idea, no?
As for the last part of the stanza, I have no idea! It must have some deeper meaning that I’m missing…

I’m not sure if you were trying for a rhythm thing but if you were well, it wasn’t the best.

My favorite stanza has to be the last one, I’m not really sure why either, it just jumped off the page at me!

Anyway, I’m sorry nobody has posted on this sooner, cause it is one I think everyone should consider.

@-->---

curiouse
since 2006-03-21
Posts 277
england
2 posted 2006-04-26 01:21 PM

this is a great poem and i loved the whole idea of it.
well done,
curiouse

i'm looking for you...always...

aliway
since 2006-03-05
Posts 185
With in your eyes
3 posted 2006-04-26 07:13 PM

You like it I thought only the last part of it was good and the rest was bad.  

Stargal, that’s my favorite part too. Actually I came up with this poem jus so I could use it, but I wish I came up with a better one then this.

Thank you

*leah    

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » the World wins all the time

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary