navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » happiness?
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic happiness? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
bekahlekah45
since 2006-03-14
Posts 533

0 posted 2006-04-17 01:04 PM

Just when I think that
things are going good
Something happens
that i never though would

It seems happiness
only stays for a bit
Then a little while later
i'm back in the pits

I like to be an optimist
I can't stand being sad
So when these hard times happen
I get so frustrated, so mad

I need to be patient
and give these things time
and realize that crying
really isnt a crime!

Happiness is something
I have to decide to be
So i need to swipe the
frown off my face and just
be happy.

© Copyright 2006 Rebekah - All Rights Reserved
stargal
since 2006-03-06
Posts 1352
OR USA
1 posted 2006-04-19 11:01 AM

Hey,

First of all let me apologize for not posting sooner, it is my own stupid fault, so don't feel like everyone out there doesn't care about this post.

Okay, on to the poem! Liked it a lot, something different by you, which is kewl, cause i know a lot of writers like to write about certain things only, i'm glad that you can be flexible, shows that you have a lot of talent!

You have like one spelling error on the first stanza, the "though" i thought was really "thought"? Am i right on this?

The last stanza i felt like it didn't measure up to the standard of the other stanzas, it was like a weight dragging the poem down towards the end, no offence. So, that was like my least favorite stanza of all...

The second from the last stanza? My favorite, something about that really stood out to me!

Good job on this poem, and i am sorry i haven't posted sooner on this, i saw it, just never took the time to read it...

@-->---

bekahlekah45
since 2006-03-14
Posts 533

2 posted 2006-04-19 08:49 PM

hey no problem..yeah its thought.  i caught that after the 24 hours though so i wasnt able to fix it sorry!!
but thanks for the post!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » happiness?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary