navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Shades of Blue
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic Shades of Blue Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Stepharoo
since 2004-05-04
Posts 149
Washington, USA

0 posted 2006-02-04 09:04 PM

When I look at you, I see shades of blue. Maybe not in your eyes, for they are a shear shade of brown. When I look at you, I see shades of blue. Maybe in the way you look at me, when your feeling down. When I look at you, I see shades of blue. Maybe it's in the way you speak to me, when the worlds turned it's back on you. But when you look at me, what do you see? Do you see my different shades of blue? Do you see my eyes as being true to you? Is it the way I look at you when I'm down? Or is it in the way I look at you when I'm just being a clown? I don't know how to say this, but I really don't care. You're my favorite shade of Blue.

© Copyright 2006 Stephanie M. - All Rights Reserved
triggerfingerxx
since 2006-02-02
Posts 8

1 posted 2006-02-04 09:06 PM

its pretty good, flowing and so forth, a bit repetitive. very simple through.i think you should add to it, maybe throw some big words in there and make it a bit more complex, add a few more lines. good as a starter concept through
XxnoraxX
since 2006-01-24
Posts 122
<3 MA,,,USA <3
2 posted 2006-02-04 10:57 PM

real nice poem.  good job

XxnoraxX

Free_Spirit07
since 2006-01-29
Posts 222
The middle of my mind!
3 posted 2006-02-05 01:05 AM

yes good job! Liked the flow....

x0x0
Free_Spirit07

latteaddict213
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2006-02-17
Posts 523
Colorado
4 posted 2006-03-07 08:45 PM

Agree. nice flow you have going

Jessica    

Character is what you
      do when you think that
         no one is loking--??

stargal
since 2006-03-06
Posts 1352
OR USA
5 posted 2006-03-08 10:11 PM

Hey,

I have to agree with ALL the comments.
Your poem does repeat itself a lot, it’s simple(simplicity can be a good thing though), it also has nice flow!

But I don’t understand the whole “shades of blue” the whole thing revolves around shades of blue, but what does the blue signify?

Good job though! Please enlighten me to the meaning of your poem.

@-->---

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Shades of Blue

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary