navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Pull The Plug
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic Pull The Plug Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
WranglrButts9
since 2004-10-24
Posts 108
Iowa, US

0 posted 2005-05-13 11:15 PM

FYI: By saying "pull the plug" I am by no means saying I will at any time, commit suicide. What I am trying to say by using that phrase, is I'm tired of all the stress/excitement in life right now- therefore, if you pull the plug, the ride stops

Pull The Plug

My head is spinning
Round and round
Without stopping
Everything’s a blur

I’m reaching out
Asking for help
But spinning too fast
For anyone to grab hold

The noises are loud
My ears about to burst
Slap my hands to my head
Hoping to drown it out

Yelling, screaming, fighting
Keeping me from sleeping
Tears streaming down my face
And shaking without end

Everything’s gone wrong
Including me
It wont stop
Maybe I’ll just leave

To where I don’t know
But this spinning
Is making me sick
I need to get off

Please stop the ride
Of Life
I’m begging for you to
Pull the plug!

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.

© Copyright 2005 WranglrButts9 - All Rights Reserved
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
1 posted 2005-05-16 10:56 AM

oh my, but it sure sounds as if those doing the screaming and fighting need to back away from that over-boiling kettle, so you don't get cooked! Take a deep breath, and think of all your favorite things in life, and if possible, step outside, stare at the sky or the birds in the trees.
Whatcha riding out there, a QH?

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
2 posted 2005-05-16 11:05 AM

there are days when I wish the ride would at least, slow down LOL that's when you need to just step away from it, how ever you do it, for that *peace* break... isn't school almost out for you? Hopefully summer will be here soon and give you that break you need
WranglrButts9
since 2004-10-24
Posts 108
Iowa, US
3 posted 2005-05-16 07:39 PM

MidniteSun: No one is really fighting.. well, my parents & I have been, but thats not what I meant by it. Its just.. the constant bickering that gets to me. Lol, if I need a break I go out & ride one of the horses (yes, 2 QHs btw)

SEA: Im already free of school pretty much- only 2 days left... then I'm leaving! First couple weeks I will be helping my grandparents out- Grandpa is in the fields, and grandma just had knee surgery, so they need all the help they can get. I'll prbly come home for a week or two, then I'm headed south to a friends QH Ranch for probably the rest of the summer. Nothin to worry about, stress free, fun summer! I haven't had one of these since.... I can't remember =P

Thanks for the comments guys- its very much appreciated.

Sun- if you wanna talk bout horses yahoo is Oncena_bluemoon822, msn: Eaglegirl10@msn.com, and AIM is JohnDeereSexy822

Bailey

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
4 posted 2005-05-16 09:16 PM

Hey you, enjoy your summer break! It's good that you can help gramma and gramps, they will no doubt appreciate your young energetic legs and arms, not to mention your cheerful smile. And keep writing!

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
5 posted 2005-05-16 11:06 PM

wow   sounds like you are going to have a great summer! I'm so glad you will be able to help your Grandparents like that..that is so great...and Quarter Horses, that must be so neat to know about horses like that. Well have fun, stay out of trouble   and hopefully your summer will include checking in here from time to time!  
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Pull The Plug

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary