navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Gifts of Innosense(Bloody Innosense)
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic Gifts of Innosense(Bloody Innosense) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
tearsoflove13762
since 2004-09-05
Posts 488
Texas.. and yes i have an accent

0 posted 2004-12-06 08:14 PM

youngblood i took some advice you gave me over the summer on this poem and revised it hope  you like this version better!

Tomorrow my innosense I will give away
Falling in love with you has brought me to shame

I do not understand how it happened like this
Everything started with one simple kiss

Broken hearts and troubled minds
I can not decide whether or not to give up my prime

We both swore that we would wait
But that was before our first date

© Copyright 2004 Laura Risner - All Rights Reserved
Savage Quiescence
since 2002-07-29
Posts 326
Wandering
1 posted 2004-12-06 08:20 PM

I like the idea. "innosense" should be "innocence" and "can not" should be "cannot". I thought this one was a tad bit unclear, but like I said, there was a good idea behind it. Keep up the work, this could lead to great things.
HopelessRomanticGuy
since 2001-08-17
Posts 495
LI, New York
2 posted 2004-12-06 10:41 PM

Well, this poem makes me feel guilty.  That happened in my last relationship, and I'm not sure, now, that it was the best idea.  A very emotional poem that I really felt at the heart.  Not unclear to me at all.  

-Rich

P.S. - youngblood?  you've got one he-- heck of an advisor there!

"I'm burning in the heavens,
and I'm drowning in a hell.
And my soul is in a coma
and none of my friends can tell,"
  ~Take Me~ Papa Roach

Spine Grinder
since 2000-10-28
Posts 1127
Standing In Silence...
3 posted 2004-12-07 11:40 AM

I think this is very cliche-ish. I've heard all those lines so many times before, maybe not in exactly the same words, but basically. I think you should try harder and try to be more imaginative when you write...try using metaphors or imagery or something..Anyways, your constructive critique thing says to tell you what I think, and give you ways to better your poems, so I'm just trying to help.

"Cuz I'm broken, when I'm lonesome, and I don't feel right when you're gone away..."~ Seether

"I shut my eyes and hold my cries to myself"~ Taproot

*Alli4000*
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2004-03-21
Posts 3188
The World of Poetry
4 posted 2004-12-07 04:06 PM

The poem is alittle unclear, but that's probably because you wrote it from personal experience that other people may not be able to understand...am I right? lol.
Constructive critism...hm...all I can think is to make it longer, add more details...simple stuff like that.
But either way, I like this poem alot.  And I do like this revision alot better from the orginal! This is going into my library. Keep writing!

Happy Holidays!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Gifts of Innosense(Bloody Innosense)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary