navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Of Life and Death
Dark Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic Of Life and Death Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Grand_Daddy_Tale_Spinner
since 2007-02-23
Posts 6

0 posted 2007-02-23 01:53 PM

Why does life come teathered to death?  Why must we fall, like all of the rest.  

Can not we live with humbling minds?  Must we walk in the dark, with blind folded eye's.

Have I not bled an ocean of trust.  To be left in the bone-yard, awaiting my dust.  

I follow and lead and letch to this life.  To swallow and breath relieving the strife.

Must it be numbing, sucumbing to scorn.  A slip and a tumble into a bed full of thorns.  

Was I not warned of the advancement of pain?  Heart-ache to a sinner, is bountiful gain.

Be I not willing or woed to my core.  Have I not given till there is nothing more?

Have you not noticed or hurried to see, that the claws of your hurt now tear into me.

So now I must travel and see for myself.  Instead of sitting waiting on the bottom shelf.

I know you are out  there awaiting my call, and next time I won't be so scared to fall.

© Copyright 2007 Grand_Daddy_Tale_Spinner - All Rights Reserved
hunnie_girl
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2006-06-18
Posts 2567
Canada
1 posted 2007-02-24 09:28 PM

I like this, the words and everything, but the structure i think it would be nicer to read if it were in stanzas. smaller lines ah and, I have not seen you here before so Welcome to Dark.
hunnie

~fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me~

Kira Aso
since 2006-09-26
Posts 351
Closer to Hell...
2 posted 2007-02-25 06:52 PM

Hmm...
I have to agree with hunnie.(yet again)
It would probably be better in stanzas. Anywho I still like it.

Lots of luv
Kira

Twilight Warrior
since 2007-02-22
Posts 106
The World That Never Was
3 posted 2007-02-26 02:43 AM

Well, I won't repeat their suggestion....so good write. And welcome to the site.
chiLanta
since 2006-12-01
Posts 47

4 posted 2007-02-26 01:28 PM

i like how you used your words, good poem, i feel the pain that helped make this poem, good write
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Of Life and Death

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary