navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #29 » It's not just black and white.
Open Poetry #29
Post A Reply Post New Topic It's not just black and white. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Rick
Member Elite
since 2001-06-21
Posts 2903
Victoria, Australia

0 posted 2003-11-18 06:28 AM

I do not see in black and white, so often I can’t see what’s right
I see in colours that confuse, which camouflage which road to use
I try to work the pros and cons, I try to sort which one belongs
But somehow nothing comes to rest, although each day I try my best

…….

There’s something in each one us, which argues black and blue
But inner self just argues back and thoughts all stay in you
The strength to face reality, means showing cards you feel
And that is something that might hurt, a part so hard to deal

What is our contentment’s lot, and when do we know it we’ve got?
Do angels come down from the sky to whisper truths before we die?
Is there something way down deep, that does not rest, that does not sleep?
That does well see in black and white, but can not make the you see right

Does a key hide somewhere, to open answers door?
To give all we are needing and to show us so much more
Is it God or luck itself that grants our gifts on earth?
To give but just a morsel crumb or treasure for our worth

…….

These colours are confusing; they blur my visions sight
I cannot see in black and white, so what is wrong or right?
I live on hope for happiness and days to sow a dream
Then harvest all my coloured blur and taste some life with cream

© Copyright 2003 Rick Van Weenen - All Rights Reserved
LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

1 posted 2003-11-18 06:31 AM

ahhhh, excellent write, and many questions I've asked at times...very strong points you've made...and then some...enjoyable read, as always...good to see you Rick and Good good Morning
Rick
Member Elite
since 2001-06-21
Posts 2903
Victoria, Australia
2 posted 2003-11-18 06:35 AM

LeeJ, great to see you, thanks for your quick reply, may you have a wonderful morning indeed, it has just turned 10.30pm here in Australia and bed not far off, take care my friend and be well.

Sincerely
Rick

Copperbell
since 2003-11-08
Posts 956

3 posted 2003-11-18 10:26 AM

Your poem makes me think of the words  "behold I stand at the door and knock"...how there seems to always be something deep down.  Thanks for the poem Rick.
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
4 posted 2003-11-18 02:25 PM

I enjoyed the theme of this one ~ heck, I enjoy the themes of all your poetic works!

Your philosophies on life and love are so compatible with my own that it is a pleasure to read my thoughts expressed so well! lol

Loving hugs & a big warm smile,
Linda

Rick
Member Elite
since 2001-06-21
Posts 2903
Victoria, Australia
5 posted 2003-11-19 07:05 AM

Copperbell, thank you so much for replying, I'm glad that my poem gets you thinking of words, fantastic, a pleasure to share with you.

Dear Linda my friend, again thank you for repying here, nice we share things that are similar some how, I do write from my heart and my thoughts, great to see you here again, take care and be well.

To you both, again thank you.

Sincerely
Rick

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
6 posted 2003-11-19 12:31 PM

Oh Rick! This is wonderfully done! Excellent! As usual, I so enjoy your words, your awesome rhymes, and lessons in your messages.

Good to see you...I look for you all the time

Rick
Member Elite
since 2001-06-21
Posts 2903
Victoria, Australia
7 posted 2003-11-20 05:52 AM

Dear Dixie, once again thank you my friend, I always look forward to seeing you here, thanks for the visit and the lovely comments, always very much heart felt.
Take care and be well till again we speak.

Sincerely
Rick

A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
8 posted 2003-11-20 09:10 PM

Your poems amaze me every time I read them, I gain thoughts and knowledge through each one. Sometimes I go back and read it again to look for more....I like to eat it in little pieces...to savor the flavor!

I too question life, purpose, meaning, love, fulfillment....I enjoy your private ponderings, thanks for sharing them....

~ARH

True poets don't write with the ink of quill or pen, but with the ink of their heart~

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
9 posted 2003-11-21 04:33 AM

I wanna
Rick
Member Elite
since 2001-06-21
Posts 2903
Victoria, Australia
10 posted 2003-11-21 05:53 AM

ARH, thank you; your reply has left me smiling and very thankful to have people such as yourself to share with, my ponderings bring me to many different places, but always back to Passions and my friends, again thank you, it has been lovely to see you once again.

Dear Dixie, thanks for the bump up again, you are always there, thanks for that.

Sincerely
Rick

scorpio
Member Ascendant
since 2002-10-02
Posts 5178
right...there
11 posted 2003-11-21 08:32 AM

You have given us much to think about.  I enjoyed this write.

believe in what your heart feels...

Hockeychick19
since 2002-10-29
Posts 430
Massachusetts, USA
12 posted 2003-11-22 02:38 AM

Rick,

This is a great write. I'm amazed by this as I think to myself just how much we sometimes take our sight and the very fact that we can see colors for granted.

This was definately a good one... Made me think.

~Kelly~

Life is a gift so live it to the fullest!

SharaRose
Member Elite
since 2003-07-19
Posts 2501
Somewhere out there~
13 posted 2003-11-22 05:21 AM

I love the title. It says so much. Things aren't always so black, and white. People say words, but if you really listen there's more in those words. Thanks for sharing.
Love,
Terri~

Patricia
Member Elite
since 2003-04-06
Posts 2160
Missouri
14 posted 2003-11-22 06:55 AM

Your messages are always carefully thought and from your heart.  This verse is no exception.  I believe it is part of the human condition to think in terms of gray; answers are not easy.  Most do the best they can to come close to right.  Perhaps, that is the best we can hope for in our stay in this world.  

A thoughtful and beautiful write, Rick.  One I've come to expect from such a talented poet.

Patricia

Rick
Member Elite
since 2001-06-21
Posts 2903
Victoria, Australia
15 posted 2003-11-22 07:44 AM

scorpio, thanks for reading and replying to my poem, I am so glad that you enjoyed, hope to see you again, take care.

Hockeychick19, great to see you here, thank you for your lovely reply, glad I could make you think.

Terri, you are right, there is so much more to words, and black and white might make life just too easy for us all, I have listened to your voice and am hearing loud and clear, thanks for your great reply, much appreciated.

Dear Patricia, wonderful to see you here again, coming close to right would be fantastic, I am sure I will spend a lifetime trying. Thanks for you reply, very much heart felt and appreciated.

To you all my friend, again thank you very much for your replies, I always look so forward to them.

Sincerely
Rick

Eloise
since 1999-11-27
Posts 1096
Wyoming
16 posted 2003-11-22 11:20 PM

A fantastic write.  What wonderful thoughts and questions you pose.  Enjoyed the read very much.  
Rick
Member Elite
since 2001-06-21
Posts 2903
Victoria, Australia
17 posted 2003-11-23 06:27 AM

Eloise, great to see your reply here, thanks for the wonderful words, they were very much appreciated.

Sincerely
Rick

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #29 » It's not just black and white.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary