navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #29 » Constipation (answer for Mytuesdaywishes)
Open Poetry #29
Post A Reply Post New Topic Constipation (answer for Mytuesdaywishes) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Magicmystery
since 2002-02-13
Posts 821
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

0 posted 2003-11-08 04:00 AM

Constipation

All poetry is like
Taking a good dump
Sometimes you have the runs
And sometimes it arrives
As a constipated clump.

The more you relax and let
Poetic perristalsis do its thing.
The easier it will come to you
The sweeter it will ring.

But if you sweat and strain
Until you're bent over double,
Trying to push the words to paper,
Will just look more and more like trouble.

Sherry

© Copyright 2003 Sherry Lynn Gardner - All Rights Reserved
Magic Solias
since 2003-11-08
Posts 73
California, USA
1 posted 2003-11-08 05:14 AM

Poetry is beautiful

We all should know that.  Hail Buddha Chinaski, who has reminded us at that truth many times in the past as well.  Thanks for being fearless in making use of the word decribing our inevitable body functions, we like to conceal to others.  but without it we would be dead anyway.  So we must express, so that is then called a "mind-fart"-and worse!  But even if we would have constipation sometimes, and feel so uncomfortable from it, pushing and sweating can release us from some of the worst pain.  Sometimes a lesser pain can cure the bigger one, and then, sweating and fighting for words, in which to express our un-or happiness can be very liberating.  So I say it is not the method that counts via which we create and compose poetry but its beautiful meaning that counts.  And comparing poetry to a bowelmovement just isn't right, in fact, Magic Solias says it stinks!

Magicmystery
since 2002-02-13
Posts 821
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
2 posted 2003-11-08 06:03 AM

Well my my Magic, don't we take ourselves way too seriously.  It was the farthest thing from my mind (which farts alot) to insult how others PERCEIVE poetry and the creation thereof.  Anal retention has never been one of MY big problems. Yes, I am FEARLESS Just like our physical bodily functions, our emotional, spiritual, mental bodily functions can be held in comparison.  One ingests information just like one digests food and both take a portion of the blood supply to perform.  Likewise, creation can be compaired to an output function.... would you rather have me compared it to vomit?  I wouldn't dare!!!  
"Sometimes a lesser pain can cure the bigger one, and then, sweating and fighting for words, in which to express our un-or happiness can be very liberating"
Physically, this is a prescription for hemmoroids.... not relief.
Now.... you can push it out and get something that resembles "crap" and have strained unduly for naught... or you can wait it out and let the creativity flow naturally.... yeilding much more favourable results. I will compare it to the other end too... coming too fast for your pen to keep up with your thoughts... I don't know how many times I would wake up at 4 in the morning... with the poetry from a dream ringing throught my head... too fast to write down more than a few remembered stanzas... and wracking my brain to remember the rest before the chemecal signature of the moment fades and disperses.  Ah, yes, I know the biology and the psychology of this wonderful life too.

I might want to make it very clear that while I welcome critiques, these are mostly meant for the form and flow of a poem... NOT my personal PERCEPTIONS on a subject that someone else might not be as brave or comfortable enought to approach.  I find it odd that someone who would not have his own work critiqued has chosen to misunderstand and STAND in judgement of someone else's poetry.  To quote another popular religious leader, "first cast out the beam in your own eye before attempting to remove the speck in someone else's." Yes I will agree, poetry is beautiful in its many and much varied forms.  Even mine at times.

Love, Light, and Peace,

Sherry

[This message has been edited by Magicmystery (11-08-2003 06:23 AM).]

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
3 posted 2003-11-08 12:16 PM

(giggles in delight) Oh my gosh, this is sooooooooo clever, sweet friend, I just love how you put your advice and sentiments together, don't sweat the small stuff or there's only going to be more pressure! (smiles) As for your thoughts on critique, I aree with you 100% and that is why I don't have a Constructie Critique message under my profile because I believe it is ridiculous to critique ones own thoughts and feeings and constantly I see critique not done to grammar or spelling or punctuation but to ones thoughts, and I for one don't believe in that and believe all honest poetry is the best poetry, like if Shakespeare ever lied and a poet who never achieved fame was honest, guess who wins out of those two? (smiles) God Bless You, sweet friend, this is marvelous, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Sherry, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

I don't need no proof when it comes to God and truth
I can see the sun set and I perceive

***Live***

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
4 posted 2003-11-08 12:17 PM

hehehe
mytuesdaywishes
since 2003-09-05
Posts 254
a voice from the musicbox
5 posted 2003-11-08 01:58 PM

wow haha...nice one

joy has its own justice. and dreams are languid and lawless. and everything bows to beauty, when it's fierce and when it's flawless...

Wind
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-10-12
Posts 2981

6 posted 2003-11-08 03:01 PM

those right there- are wise words

What about China? Have you seen the Great Wall?
All walls are great, if the roof doesn't fall.
-yorke/bjork

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #29 » Constipation (answer for Mytuesdaywishes)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary