navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #28 » Also Your Sin
Open Poetry #28
Post A Reply Post New Topic Also Your Sin Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
SharaRose
Member Elite
since 2003-07-19
Posts 2501
Somewhere out there~

0 posted 2003-09-19 10:55 AM

Also Your Sin

Yes I was married
when I fell for you,
but you were married, too.
My heart was collecting dust
and losing it's hold.
Because things at home
were so empty, and so cold.
No,
that's no excuse
and presence of mind,
doesn't come to mind ,
when I think of times back then.
But why?
Could you please tell me
why
it wasn't also your sin?
-I didn't set out to love you,
and that is something you knew
all this time.
You said I would never see you
We would never meet,
to pretty much see you as dead.
Well it wasn't that easy for me
See I had a heart that loved
that your very spirit fed.
How can I look for another?
Well I needed to need someone else.
See, you told me to move on
that you, to me, should be dead,
To pretty much put you on a shelf.
You gave your reason
You needed to give more
to your wife and your kids.
Well for a man like that
one that would want to do whats right
just made me respect,and love you more.
Still my emotions were on the skids.
Emotionally down for the count
From the things I knew
I just wanted to do the right thing, too.
But still I didn't feel what I should feel
at home, still, still, still all alone.
Then I realized,
From you it was lies.
You are the one with the excuses.
You wanted to get other women
Move on, and live really loose.
Now you accuse.
Say I give excuses.
When all the while
the friendship, and more
you said we had
You started in on it's abuses.
You lied, spread rumors
said all kinds of things
And one of them is I have no shame
Well what about you?
What about the things you do?
And you are a man without blame?
You say I'm stupid
That I'm a fool, because I pursue this dual?
Well why don't you tell the truth for once.
You are the one that chases me around
and won't let things be,
Being your most cruel!
Jealous you say I am
when all along I told you
I just wanted you to be happy.
And yes I told you I couldn't watch you with someone else,
but what about that can't you understand?
Just because I want you happy
doesn't mean I could stand around and watch.
It would hurt. Can't you feel anything?
Can't you see the hurt that it would be for me?
What about heart can't you see?
Jealous you claim I am, is so lame
Because you can't deal and cope with the truth of it all
That I can love, I can feel,
and even though it crushes me,
it would crush me more
to stand around and watch it all.
What about that doesn’t seem real?
I wasn't right, and neither were you!!
Why isn't this your sin, too?

© Copyright 2003 Shara - All Rights Reserved
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
1 posted 2003-09-19 11:03 AM

It's hard to make any reply to this, except to say, it is one of the saddest sides of "LOVE" ...and it usually makes everyone involved feel like a loser.
It's never good to fall for a married lover.

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
2 posted 2003-09-19 11:11 AM

I would like to echo Midnitesun's reply.

Peace & Light,
EA

SharaRose
Member Elite
since 2003-07-19
Posts 2501
Somewhere out there~
3 posted 2003-09-19 11:14 AM

Goes both ways, thank you!!! It takes two!
LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

4 posted 2003-09-19 11:19 AM

yes, it most certainly does take two...

Someone once told me, anything done out of deceipt will reap deceipt...and this is a very hurtful situation, for a lot of people.  God bless

SharaRose
Member Elite
since 2003-07-19
Posts 2501
Somewhere out there~
5 posted 2003-09-19 11:34 AM

I can assure you I did NOT decieve this person. He knew the truth because I told him the truth. My husband did, too. My husband was good enough man to stay and work this out and now he and I are healed. We are healed now, and that ALSO took two. He didn't do it alone. I had to make changes, too. We still have problems, but they have nothing to do with someone else outside the home. Life is real, and reality is it takes 2 to make things go right, or go wrong. The reason I bring this to the public is because someone is an accuser, and I think it's time my side came out. We ALL make mistakes...come on!
Thank you!
SharaRose @-->--

[This message has been edited by SharaRose (09-19-2003 11:38 AM).]

angelblueyes
Member Elite
since 2003-07-19
Posts 2148
Oklahoma
6 posted 2003-09-19 12:50 PM

hey lady you know that it takes two and so does everyone else.People tend to blame one side and don't care to open their eyes to the reality that there's someone else involved.It was his also and he deserves the consequneces that come with it.Just as you have faced yours head on.Even if he doesn't face it now, he will one day have nochoice and it will be a worse fate for him.Relax in knowing that you have a greater spirit for facing your actions and standing to take the consequences.I wish more people in this world could step up and take account for the not so good things that they've done.We tend to live in a society where everything that's good is shared but when it's bad we try to hide it.Ok I'm rambling so I'll go.Just remember you are special.
Crystal

EvocativeVerse2
since 2003-09-10
Posts 1279

7 posted 2003-09-19 01:59 PM

Gulp! That was quite the piece SharaRose. I am so glad you were stronger than him. Sorry things were so hard.
SharaRose
Member Elite
since 2003-07-19
Posts 2501
Somewhere out there~
8 posted 2003-09-19 02:05 PM

Hello Crystal...I appreciate these kind words, and in doing this I feel a release that my side is out there, but there is no patting on the back for me. I was wrong. I should have been strong enough to lean to God for my strength through all the pain and hurt in my life rather than looking to man to show me love. I am much more thick-skinned now and SEE the error in looking to man to heal the pain...now I see God is the answer to lean to. The real, true, patting on the back woudl be for this man when he forgives, because it's obvious this has been very hard for him. I never set out to hurt anyone. It just wasn't like that, but I still did. In my search to feel the love I was missing I should have went to GOD for that love. O nly hope he can, someday, forgive the same as my husband has. He is a good man, its just that the things that's happened made him this way. It made me different, too, but that's because I DID NOT DELIBERATELY set out to fall for this person. If it had been for a trifling reason, and just something to do with my time...like some passtime or something like that THEN I could see this treatment, but it was not like that. He chooses to hold on to this to make me pay. Well I already paid by hurting 2 people, and others that I'm sure neither one of us even knows about. How can that be a pat on the back at all? I'm NOT what this person says about me.
Thank you for listening,
Shara Rose @-->--

Of sound, and speech let all lift the hearer!

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
9 posted 2003-09-19 02:06 PM

(big hugggssssssss) This man is obviously a coward only intending to save his own rear from guilt, dearest friend, I actually respect those people most of all who admit their wrongs, like you, as then the truth is revealed and you are excused of the guilt in the most part, whereas those who are weak and feeble and don't share the blame will wither away with the lies! (wipes tears) When only one of two admits sin, in the end more than 50% of the blame should be put on he who doesn't speak, God Bless You, I send angel hugs your way, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Shara, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

I don't need no proof when it comes to God and truth
I can see the sun set and I perceive

***Live***

SharaRose
Member Elite
since 2003-07-19
Posts 2501
Somewhere out there~
10 posted 2003-09-19 02:09 PM

EvocativeVerse..No I wasn't and I am NOT stronger than him. He's accused me of many things but among them is I'm weak ..this is just a rant to show he's wrong about me. I'm not strong either, but I don't like being called a weakling, either. If I were strong I would just let all these things roll off me like water off a ducks back, but it's not that way at all. Thick skin doesn't come from peachy creamy lovely wonderful exp's. Quite the contrary. Thank you for the read and comment.

SharaRose @-->--

SharaRose
Member Elite
since 2003-07-19
Posts 2501
Somewhere out there~
11 posted 2003-09-19 02:13 PM

Noah...this isn't about blame...this is about me telling my side of the story. Blame goes to both. Neither of us should ever be pat on the back. It ain't so. Just isn't. It's not like that for me. I just want the TRUTH to be heard for once..not (half) truths. Thanks for reading and the comment, but it's not what it seems. He's hurt, too, or why would he be so angry.

lots though,
SharaRose @-->--

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #28 » Also Your Sin

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary