navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #27 » Me RedStoneEB
Open Poetry #27
Post A Reply Post New Topic Me RedStoneEB Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
RedStoneEB
since 2003-06-08
Posts 772
uk

0 posted 2003-06-17 08:52 AM

so what if ive never had a girl
       to kiss and hug
        and be in love

so what if my life is a mess
       the problems been
          my shyness

then the females on the net
       play me for a fool

who cares if ive never kissed
    i don't really care at all
    all i care about is myself
coz thats the only thing i have

im mad and the truth is spoken so say as you wish i don't care about never having had a gf or never been kissed or never been able to give my love to anyone else i write from dreams and stuff i wish i had thats why i hate reading the replys that go i hope you get the right answer or your happy or stuff like that

im sorry

© Copyright 2003 Lee Hepworth - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2003-06-17 09:43 AM

It's all about choices...

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Kahlil
since 2003-04-12
Posts 1881

2 posted 2003-06-17 10:02 AM

"all i care about is myself
coz thats the only thing i have"

sounds to me like knowing you are most important to yourself and caring for yourself is your top priority and I think that's a good place to be.....

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
3 posted 2003-06-17 10:04 AM

It is sad to see you so bitter. You are a marvellously imaginative writer, but an attitude such as you are displaying with this post can dry that up--and the possibility of making new friends or someone to love you back.

I can sense the pain and frustration in your angry words. I hope that you at least found it cathartic to vent those feelings.

Peace, Love, & Light,
Earth Angel

RedStoneEB
since 2003-06-08
Posts 772
uk
4 posted 2003-06-17 10:07 AM

im sorry about the post it was something building up inside i had to let out im sorry i really like you all just some pain i have in my life im really sorry and ill write more of my love poems

my mind is like a dream sometimes confusing

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
5 posted 2003-06-17 10:10 AM

RedStone EB,
Yeah, pity parties are rarely that effective. Courage...

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
6 posted 2003-06-17 10:11 AM

Sometimes when we look outside ourselves, and put aside our pain, and imagined anger, we find a wealth of growth...

slog through it...we'll be here when you're ready....

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
7 posted 2003-06-17 10:24 AM

It was good to read your reply. I am glad that it was just you blowing off some steam. We all need to vent at some time or other. Keep on writing and expressing yourself. We are here for you--and we also get to read the fruits of your fertile, fantazzmagorical, imagination!

Warm hugs,
Earth Angel

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
8 posted 2003-06-17 10:25 AM

Thank you for sharing yourself so lovingly with us. It's not a must after all! To write from dreams is wonderful. The intensity of dreams can exceed reality. We see the results in the most beautiful poetry of all times.
Love, Margherita

Greeneyes
Deputy Moderator 50 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-09-09
Posts 9903
In Your Poetic Mind
9 posted 2003-06-17 10:32 AM

Well at least you are honest, but be careful not to bite the hands that care....

Through the darkness
I can see your light
And you will always shine
And I can feel your heart in mine

I will remember you

Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
10 posted 2003-06-17 11:11 AM

Nothing comes to us on "our time".....ask of the universe and it will show you the way ...in the proper time. hugs, Chris
RedStoneEB
since 2003-06-08
Posts 772
uk
11 posted 2003-06-18 02:11 AM

i noticed some of these replys were from ppl that never even replyed to my poems before what is it they only reply to the bad ones anyway thes that replied to just this try reading my work for once and hey earths angel my fave poet hows you

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
12 posted 2003-06-18 12:37 PM

Lee - you spaz . . .

No - everyone relates to poetry in different ways silly

Be grateful for this
It is a gift
xxoo

gemjop
Member Elite
since 2002-11-18
Posts 2587
Pencilveinia, USA
13 posted 2003-06-18 01:38 PM

Lee, i know you mean well, but i can't help thinking you're going about this the wrong way.

Saying things like "try reading my work for once" will rub people up the wrong way, and are more likely to do the opposite, not read any at all.

No one HAS to read anyones poetry, we are here, posting and sharing because of our love of poetry. If we were expected to read and reply to every single post from a certain person, as well as others, we'd be falling asleep at our computers!

Though everyone is encouraged to read and reply to others poetry as much as they post.
Which i will encourage you to do too, get a feel for the place, read other peoples poetry, reply, get to know how this place works.

i'm sure many people do read and enjoy your poems. replies are not everything. I can guarantee more people read your poems than you think, sometimes people may not reply because they don't quite know what to say, or they may not have enough time to reply to all the poems they may want to.

you complain that the people who reply arent giving you the replies you want. Perhaps if you want more in depth replies you should post a few in critique, as well as in here.

I know you want people to enjoy your poetry, and we do, but dont force people upon it, because then they're not going to get as much enjoyment out of it are they?

Lee i hope you don't feel i've attacked you in any way, but just chill out, and forget about the amounts of replies, theyre just numbers, enjoy your love of sharing poetry, then you may feel more at ease, and you'll make some good friends here!

love gem
xxxxxxx

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
14 posted 2003-06-18 02:21 PM

Hello from me, midnitesun. Sometimes I have time to read and reply, sometimes not. Hope today is a bit brighter for you, poet friend.
And no need to rush Love, it comes and gets you when its your turn.

El_Campeador
since 2003-01-29
Posts 761
Ohio, USA
15 posted 2003-06-18 02:42 PM

Hey, I'm naturally shy, too. But so was Emily Dickinson. She was a lot shyer than you or I am. And she touched the lives of millions.

Live life GIVING, and you'll have no regrets. None. That's the only way to live, and you'll leave and impression on the lives of others.

~El Campeador

“We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” –Robert Louis Stevenson

RedStoneEB
since 2003-06-08
Posts 772
uk
16 posted 2003-06-18 03:04 PM

ahh im sorry my heads just screwed up like whats does gemjop call it lol um mushy peas lol i don't know affect brain anger damaged brain

i just seem to be going off at everyone for no reason im sorry

well ill try yo cool down and im working on new poems so look in if you can no replys needed

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
17 posted 2003-06-19 02:24 PM

don't be sorry for how you feel...I can certainly understand
garysgirl
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
18 posted 2003-06-19 02:42 PM

Hey, everybody gets their feelings hurt every now and then....so don't feel so bad about it.

About the replies, you can't really look at the numbers, because lots of people read poetry that really don't know what to reply. Do you reply to every poem that you read? I don't...for different reasons....mostly because I don't know what to say sometimes. The longer a person is here, the more people get to know them and the more they reply to them.

Thanks for sharing your poems with us, by the way.
Ethel

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
19 posted 2008-02-24 11:55 AM

Touching!

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #27 » Me RedStoneEB

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary