navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #27 » My Heart's Complaint
Open Poetry #27
Post A Reply Post New Topic My Heart's Complaint Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Gabriel Frost
since 2002-08-15
Posts 216
Between midnight thoughts

0 posted 2003-07-28 08:01 PM

My Heart’s Complaint

I have called myself a poet. But tonight I find my unworthy self praise ironically excessive.For here I am, with no rhyme or word to express what burns
feverishly inside me. Here I am, a poet without words; one wholives to speak and speaks not, like a toothless lion, bound by the very hunger which keeps him alive. For this emotion, this very
emotion that pushes me to soar with my words, has confounded me. It has shut me up tight, like a master that turns on his servant. This art of writing, that would be called a gift by many,
is proven useless before you, for the pen brings you shame and words disgrace your beauty. Human perception would choose the diamond, to describe your eyes which are far beyond the rarest gem.
The almighty had set the twinkle of the stars in your eyes, shut them and the world shall be robbed of it’s beauty. How then, can my
praise be sufficient?

Your smile slays me; as do my eyes. Smitten at heart, all my senses are dumbfounded and I am reduced to the simplest of creatures. Relying solely on instinct as to breathe the air that surrounds me, and eat the food which sustains my life, such is it that I can only love that which is to be loved :- kindness without motive, beauty
without pride, fairness without expecting; joy without blame. You have become my sweetest foe, your beauty slays me but with a word
you may heal me if you so wish. Why should I complain? Is it because it brings me joy to love you but sorrow at the turn of the tide, to miss your gentle laughter? Alas I fall; guiltless
but woeful. My words fall seemingly on the ears of the deaf, for you give me no such acknowledgement, beyond your natural grace; and you are kind to do so, yet I wish the angels would soften your ear,
that I may with sorrowful heart, beseech your tender loving kindness so as to lay my bitter plight before you.

For I burn with the fiery arrow of love through my heart and mourn bitterly in the endless night while all creatures rest. This bitter sorrow writhes in me through twilight till dawn, then from dawn till eve. Yet I am the cause of my own pain for I shall not discard the sweetness of loving you to be rid of the bitter sorrow
that eats me. Love has ensnared me indeed, for all I desire I lack and that which I may not have is like sweet perfume to my nostrils and enchants me the more. Fate has it, that I be pitied not, for it is the greediness of human desire, to long for the unreachable; then is it not selfishness oh dear one, to so keenly keep your love from one who so much desires it; and loving only the feeling of
being loved? Even so, can it be called greed to love what cannot be hated or adore what cannot be denied? Then as the insect loves the grass, and the owl delights in the oak tree, or as the salmon
revels in the currents of the rushing stream, it is natural for me to love you and unnatural for me to not. For there is none living who would more desperately fulfil your hearts desire. Had I the
power to materialise my will; then you would know the truthfulness of my words. There is none more loved or ever shall there be throughout all the earth, and I shall faithfully serve you in love
as long as I shall live.

Though my words relieve me dearest, the extent of my love for you cannot be fathomed or spoken, and I pray that you soften your ear to my plea. Best-loved, I long that you grant me some drop of your
womanly pity and graciousness, that I may hope in a dream that may one day be reality. That the sorrows of my troubled heart be lightened, and my lips be granted a smile. Let me beseech that you
take not even your presence from me in anger, and leave me bereft of all brightness and warmth, for as the sun shines on my face, to awaken me from my death like slumber, do you derive the delight and
joy laden ardour, from this grey and desolate heart.

Speech is mockery to both my love and your beauty.

© Copyright 2003 Gabriel Frost - All Rights Reserved
Ceinwyn
Member Elite
since 2000-07-09
Posts 2175
VA
1 posted 2003-07-28 08:07 PM

I've soo missed your words I'm sober now   your words are just I dunno...amazing...thank you for gracing these pages once again sweetie

If at first you don't succeed destroy all the evidence that you tried.

[This message has been edited by Ceinwyn (07-28-2003 08:07 PM).]

QjQ
Member Elite
since 2003-04-18
Posts 3756
U.S.A.
2 posted 2003-07-28 08:20 PM

sometimes expressing feelings in poetry brings out true feelings,,
Tiersdin
Member Elite
since 2000-11-17
Posts 2364
east coast
3 posted 2003-07-28 10:33 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed catching my breath through this awesome peice.

Enjoyed!

~Tier

Ericc
Member Elite
since 2003-01-31
Posts 4178

4 posted 2003-07-29 07:17 AM

Great write!
Eric

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
5 posted 2003-07-29 07:53 AM

Effective...James
Aimster
Member Elite
since 2000-02-19
Posts 4297
Charlotte, NC
6 posted 2003-07-29 08:55 AM

I've never had the pleasure to read your
work before but consider myself quite lucky
now! This was an astonishing write, and trust me...you found plenty to say! Absolutely breathtaking indeed. I look
forward to reading more from you.

Take care
Amy

A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
7 posted 2003-07-29 04:17 PM

WOW! This was great! enjoyed your poetry!

~Thanks~ARH

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #27 » My Heart's Complaint

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary