navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #27 » .....If YoUr NoT A PoEt.....WhY Do It???.....
Open Poetry #27
Post A Reply Post New Topic .....If YoUr NoT A PoEt.....WhY Do It???..... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
GhostWriter_6
since 2001-09-03
Posts 237
??Amityville??

0 posted 2003-07-23 08:46 AM

.....If YoUr NoT A PoEt.....WhY Do It???.....
why even put yourself in a position to face a poet who knows no opposition...
just writing guided by there intuitions and visions..
who assemble words with precision and flow with no restrction...
some outsiders think all us poets do to gain attention ..
is write lines and click buttons to make submissions...
.....poetry = hip hop history.....
realize that or you've missed the imagery...
I shine like a white diamond... my birthstone...
still i stand alone with a heart that poetry calls home...
and you disrupt my humble home and disrespect poetry
some take to poetry to fill a void.. to avoid the noise
to escape self destruction...
to express the pains of lifes corruption
you choose to make light of a artform that has healed so many and gained a few who want to explore it...
its not hip hop.. but russel simmons spent some dough to get a show for it..
its what i do... i scribble all day in notepads.. with red or black ink
not to make you whine about whos a legend H.O.F. or dickriders... but simply to make you think
a Devilz blood has never been scorched or scorn... ive been hated on for being a poet
if it was a disrespectful remark... give me a link so i can quote it....
text or emcee its all lyrics no matter how there dispursed
so let me speak my words... the words of a poet... these same words in this verse
some say that poetry is gay or feminine...
but yet it touches so many women men and children
1'sN2's is 10 and still could tell you a little of poetrys origin
and one unanswered question remains mysterious....
why enter the sanctum that is all about poetry if you have no intent to take it serious
just because you can make thoughts doesnt make you a poet... <--- just for those who were curious

check out my book website... www.lulu.com/Gwriter
Gwriter.. memoirs of invisible ink... on sale now...

© Copyright 2003 Antonio Marquis Bankhead - All Rights Reserved
inkedgoddess
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-19
Posts 7392
Ohio
1 posted 2003-07-23 12:21 PM

its what i do... i scribble all day in notepads.. with red or black ink
not to make you

i scribble in crayons too, anything i could find, ever not jot it down when you own the thought...you could kiss it goodbye....it wont come  back the same to me.......
good and insightful, can relate

GhostWriter_6
since 2001-09-03
Posts 237
??Amityville??
2 posted 2003-07-23 01:04 PM

thanx for the feedback..im glad someone could actually feeel what i was talking about.. i appreciate you giving this one a look
SharaRose
Member Elite
since 2003-07-19
Posts 2501
Somewhere out there~
3 posted 2003-07-23 01:15 PM

) I had to smile when I read this. Just this morning at 4:15 am. I had to get out of bed because of something in my head, and I knew if I didn't get up, and write it down I would lose it. It just comes to me, and I have no control over that. Not that I want to because even in my down moments when I think I have no talent, and I am shamed by all the good writing I see I still know it's something I have to do, or I will say I feel a push, or a drive to write. Poetry IS human experience to me!!!!!!! It's the human experience...in written word!!!!

SharaRose @-->--

Of sound, and speech let all lift the hearer!

garysgirl
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
4 posted 2003-07-23 01:23 PM

I can relate, even though half the time I don't consider myself a poet. I just call myself a writer from my heart. Poetry is life, though, if you think about it. It's our heart about the way we feel about situations and things in life.

About writing things down, I think most of us do that...I have notes all over the place. I keep a book with me all the time, no matter where I go. If I didn't I would forget some of my thoughts and inspirations.

Well, I didn't mean to ramble on, but this poem spoke to me, I guess.  
Hugs  
Ethel

wranx
Member Elite
since 2002-06-07
Posts 3689
Moved from a shack to a barn
5 posted 2003-07-23 01:26 PM

Well GW_6,

I like your query here...

I had a similar question in Open 21.
/pip/Forum70/HTML/001566.html

Wonder how/if the answers will differ.

Ed

Bill Charles
Member Patricius
since 2000-07-11
Posts 10619
highways, & byways, for now
6 posted 2003-07-23 03:35 PM

GhostWriter_6 - you say it well, and I can relate to your words...

BC

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
7 posted 2003-07-23 03:55 PM

That is one of the many wonderful things about being a member of Passions--we're kindred spirits and understand each other--well, most of the time! Afterall, we are a family!

Rock on! Write on!
EA

[This message has been edited by Earth Angel (07-23-2003 05:33 PM).]

VOE
since 2003-07-10
Posts 119
From the land of Camelot
8 posted 2003-07-23 05:08 PM

Just because you can make thoughts, doesn't make you a poet......how true that is, and I have come across some scorn along the way, also.  But I keep writing, because I can't stop, for I love the words, the satisfaction that comes with the expression of feelings. I think we all have our reasons, as you do, but I'm glad that there's a place we can share opinions, laughter, and ideas.  This started the ball rolling, and I hope to see a good many replies and views here.  I'm going back for a second read!! ~V~
Bonnie j
since 2003-06-27
Posts 1588
Ohio
9 posted 2003-07-23 06:38 PM

Hi GhostWriter-6
I have been writing a little over a year and a neighbor of mine said when I first started. It's not any good it's worthless if you're going to write POETRY you are wasting your time. If I would have listened what a fantastic ride I would have missed and the love and joy and friends I have made.
So keep on writing and sharing and I'll keep on reading.
Bon-Bon

GhostWriter_6
since 2001-09-03
Posts 237
??Amityville??
10 posted 2003-07-23 07:57 PM

thanx for the replies.. i didnt think i would touch so many with this post..glad ya took the time to peep it... i appreciate it..
suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
11 posted 2003-07-24 09:58 AM

I think most of us do it... because we can't NOT do it. *S* Whether the words are blessings or curses... they're there... demanding we give them life. *S*

I think a lot of us were closet writers for many years... it's hard to find acceptance when you're a scribbler, much less acclaim. *S* And so we see so many blossom here... among like souls. *S*

Enjoyed this very much! *S*

garysgirl
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
12 posted 2003-07-24 01:55 PM

I'm loving reading these responses you are getting. There are so many excellent writers who feel the exact same way as I do, it seems. I've written a few about this subject, too. I think they're in other the archives, though.
Anyway, I've giving this a bump back to the top.
Hugs  
Ethel

GhostWriter_6
since 2001-09-03
Posts 237
??Amityville??
13 posted 2003-07-24 02:12 PM

again.... thanx for the responses... im glad i could get some positive feedback on this one...
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #27 » .....If YoUr NoT A PoEt.....WhY Do It???.....

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary