navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #27 » Heracles
Open Poetry #27
Post A Reply Post New Topic Heracles Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

0 posted 2003-07-22 04:49 AM

Babe in the cradle he strangled two serpents, sent surupticiously by Hera to kill him, strength so early.

In youth instructed in the art of bow, wrestling, arms and music.
Till in rage he killed his teacher with his own lute, some say unfairly.

Eighteen years of his life had passed, when working as a shepherd, he killed the mighty lion.
Then he met two women, pleasure and virtue they were named,choosing the last one, he had life of toil and glory.

Most famous of Greek heroes,with strength, courage, endurance, good nature and compassion, this is not your only story.

Appetite, lust, mighty warrior, with Jason you did sail on his journey to Colchis, seeking the Golden Fleece.

© Copyright 2003 P.D - All Rights Reserved
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
1 posted 2003-07-22 05:38 AM

thank you
A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
2 posted 2003-07-23 04:54 AM

Great story and poem.....We all need heros,

and I am glad I have mine...."Then A Hero comes along..with the strength to carry on...then you cast your fears aside..and you know you can survive....theres' a hero...in YOU!!!!!! my hero!

xxx Love ARH

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #27 » Heracles

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary