navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #27 » Here Be Dragons.(A Poem Of Fantasy.)
Open Poetry #27
Post A Reply Post New Topic Here Be Dragons.(A Poem Of Fantasy.) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

0 posted 2003-06-14 05:10 AM

Indigo is the late evening sky,washing back across the heavens of chain hung stars.

Planets glow and flicker in the velvet sky-sea.
Mercury,Venus,Jupiter and Mars.

Cerise,tyrian purple and azure,project from right horizon,like the page of a book slowly being turned.

Across the land,mist hovers above fields and mountains.But where does it come from? Dragons,thier flames do not now burn.

Dozing,dreaming,dragons slumber in the ancient emerald forrest.Their rising and falling bodies,blowing the mist onto the land.

Surupticiously silent,the knights advance cautiously,through the emerald forrest,towards the castle of dark.

Treading carefully on the tinder dry twigs,arrive at the castle doors,gothic and stark.

Scaling the ivy twined walls,they enter the castle and seek the sacred cup.

Black,evil,beats the heart of the witch,dreaming her nightmares,until with a start,she wakes up.

Shrieking through the cavernous castle,she wails her anger towards the knights.

Sacred cup captured,the purest ones run to the forrest,prepaing to stand and fight.

Scarlet and orange flames,spit angrily from the now awakend dragons,defending their secret kingdom.

Valiantly the knights fight,enduring burns and pain,slaying the evil dragons,in dark pools of running blood,they return to Avalon.

© Copyright 2003 P.D - All Rights Reserved
littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
1 posted 2003-06-15 08:04 PM

feeling medievel Phil?

loved this story . . .

amazing
xxoo

Magnus
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-10-10
Posts 14135
South Carolina, USA
2 posted 2003-06-15 08:10 PM

Your words penned the picture well.  Enjoyed
the read.  Thanx.  Yes, back to Avalon..

A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
3 posted 2003-06-15 08:16 PM

oh, I must have missed this before, but I'm glad I read it, you should write stories or movie scripts, I enjoyed the fantasy!
Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
4 posted 2003-06-15 09:14 PM

I must say that I enjoyed this one immensely. I'm always a fan of fantasy type stuff, and this just drew me right in. Thank you for the read
Ceinwyn
Member Elite
since 2000-07-09
Posts 2175
VA
5 posted 2003-06-16 01:02 AM

im in love *swoons*

If at first you don't succeed destroy all the evidence that you tried.

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
6 posted 2008-02-03 02:30 PM

Enjoyed your Fantasy poem!

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #27 » Here Be Dragons.(A Poem Of Fantasy.)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary