navwin » Discussion » Philosophy 101 » Not Tonight, Honey....I'm dead!
Philosophy 101
Post A Reply Post New Topic Not Tonight, Honey....I'm dead! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA

0 posted 2012-04-28 11:03 PM

London, Apr 27 (ANI): Egypt's new Islamist-dominated parliament is preparing to introduce a controversial law that would allow husbands to have sex with their deceased wives up to six hours after death.

Known as the "farewell Intercourse" law, the measure is being championed as part of a raft of reforms introduced by the parliament that will also see the minimum age of marriage lowered to 14 for girls.
Egypt's National Council for Women is campaigning against the changes, saying that 'marginalising and undermining the status of women would negatively affect the country's human development'.
Dr Mervat al-Talawi, head of the NCW, wrote to the Egyptian People's Assembly Speaker Dr Saad al-Katatni addressing her concerns.
Egyptian journalist Amro Abdul Samea reported in the al-Ahram newspaper that Talawi complained about the legislations, which are being introduced under 'alleged religious interpretations'.he subject of a husband having sex with his dead wife arose in May 2011 when Moroccan cleric Zamzami Abdul Bari said marriage remains valid even after death.

He also said that women have the right to have sex with her dead husband, alarabiya.net reported.
http://ph.news.yahoo.com/egypts-farewell-intercourse-law-allowing-sex-dead-wives-065447484.html

With regards to the last statement, my question is...HOW??? I can understand how a man can physically have sex with a dead woman, having experienced it many times with my ex-wife, but how does a woman pull this off??? I welcome all theories..

© Copyright 2012 Michael Mack - All Rights Reserved
Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
Regina, Saskatchewan; Canada
1 posted 2012-04-29 01:06 AM

http://www.loonwatch.com/2012/04/egypt-necrophilia-law-hooey-utter-hooey/
http://mideasti.blogspot.ca/2012/04/anatomy-of-hoax-and-media-credulity.html

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
2 posted 2012-04-29 09:27 AM

LOL....yep, it's a scam for sure but I found it hilarious by the premise of the turn-about is fair play at the end, which was the only part I stressed. Would make a good late-nite skit.
Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

3 posted 2012-04-29 05:37 PM

Distasteful and odd, but I wonder if there might not be some sort of legalities involved that might take this beyond the point of a religious "You're more disgusting than I could possibly imagine" discussion and place it more in the realm of post-mortem sperm and egg donations and inheritance litigation?

If somebody dies without an heir, it might be possible to increase the possibility of producing one, if sperm cells could be frozen from a recently deceased corpse; or, for that matter, if egg cells might be harvested from a recently deceased corpse.  Given the urge to make nasty comments about "those screwy muslims," it might be that they're simply watching all those old episodes of Law and Order that brought the subject up in a speculative kind of way and thought, Hey! that could happen to us!

Just sayin'!

Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

4 posted 2012-04-29 05:43 PM

whoops.

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
5 posted 2012-04-29 06:34 PM

I never saw one of those but it would indeed make a valid Law&Order episode....Hary's Law, even
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Philosophy 101 » Not Tonight, Honey....I'm dead!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary