navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #26 » When Love Has No Meaning
Open Poetry #26
Post A Reply Post New Topic When Love Has No Meaning Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines

0 posted 2003-04-29 05:38 PM

When Love Has No Meaning

It's just me, rambling on, conflicting moods
fighting it out, neither side winning,
when love has no meaning.
I hate chocolate but am popping M&M's
knowing that by the end of the night
I will have gained a pound or two
and if it keeps up I will have the perfect offense
on not allowing myself to fall in love ever again.

For who would want me then?
M

"Love is not blind - It sees more and not less, but because it sees more, it is willing to see less."
(Will Moss)

© Copyright 2003 Wynter Bliss - All Rights Reserved
QjQ
Member Elite
since 2003-04-18
Posts 3756
U.S.A.
1 posted 2003-04-29 05:44 PM

love is always wanted, it's finding one to give it back?

m&m's will nurish your thoughts

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
2 posted 2003-04-29 05:55 PM

Stop before it's too late ....! It's not the M&M's that do the damage, but the related thoughts you express ... you express them powerfully, dear friend, but I suggest you forget about excuses to not love again .... Love is so much sweeter than M&M's ...
Hugs. Margherita

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
3 posted 2003-04-29 06:02 PM

I think many, many, many would want you...
You just have to work past you feelings of
rejection and prepare yourself for those that would appreciate you and love to spend time with you...and I'm not talking about jumping into a romantic relationship...I'm thinking of friendships...I was talking to a friend of mine the other night and she told me about a friend of hers...seems like her friends husband had left her for another woman...and she was calling and writing him every day trying to get him back...I ask my friend what she was going to do if she got him back...she said that she was going to tell him to get lost...I always think, why does someone want to be with a person that doesn't appreciate or want to be with them...if you think reasonably and not emotionally it makes perfect sense...Of course it is a big step from the emotional level to the reasonable level.    I know this well.  James

quatro
since 2003-04-29
Posts 392
Galveston, Texas
4 posted 2003-04-29 06:07 PM

Love is a many "splintered" thing. It's no wonder that it is often compared to the rose.

We are all a rose in our own right! But a little peanut M&M's every now and then is always good for the growing experience.

quatro

Bill Charles
Member Patricius
since 2000-07-11
Posts 10619
highways, & byways, for now
5 posted 2003-04-29 08:59 PM

nakdthoughts - you my dear would be one to do just that with...

BC

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
6 posted 2003-05-01 11:24 AM

QjQ, much truth in your words

"related thoughts and excuses to not love again" ..sometimes the signs are all around you and you must accept them, Margherita.

James, feelings of rejection are not as bad as the truth. Some people are just not loveable and I have felt more than my share of rejection. It begins to harden you after awhile. I am not a teenager anymore and don't feel like starting over.  

"little peanut M&M's every now and then is always good for the growing experience",quatro, plain and peanuts...had more than enough  

Bill, time wasn't on my side back then. Thank you for caring.

hugsss
M

[This message has been edited by nakdthoughts (05-01-2003 11:25 AM).]

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
7 posted 2003-05-25 03:35 AM

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #26 » When Love Has No Meaning

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary