navwin » Archives » Reflections on the Web » Why Am I Wrong???
Reflections on the Web
Post A Reply Post New Topic Why Am I Wrong??? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Hallucination
since 2001-03-18
Posts 419

0 posted 2003-03-22 09:45 PM

"Why Am I Wrong?"
(23/03/03)
© 2003 Brian Eggertsen, All Rights Reserved

I am alone, the laughter around me is crying to my ears. I know it sound strange, but that's the way I feel. Sometimes, most of the time. Well, all the time.
You could say that I'm an empty pocket, or a stain on a pair of new jeans.
A smile is only a smile, if you want it to be. And I'm not a smile.
It's difficult to talk about, it's a mess to vocal without wetting my eyes. Maybe that's the reason I desire rainy days? Hanging half way out the window, in hopes of having the raindrops wash me clean? Maybe?
And I try, I really do. But I never get it right. Seen seasons come and go. Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter is all the same. My setting is someone elses rising sun, I guess I'll have to live with that, untill tomorrow.

I am alone, even in a packed city bus I am alone. They're not where I am, They are ghosts in my eyes. sometimes, most of the time. No, all the time.
Everybody says to follow my dream, but I can't follow what I have lost.
A dream is only a dream, if you believe in it. but I'm a former dreamer.
Sweaty poms and a bowed head, molding my self a somewhat brave face every day.
Monday, tuesday, wedensday, thursday. Friday's my mile stone. But it's really tough to be strong, when just under your skin you know you are weak. Maybe?
And I fight, I really do. But it's never quit enough. Spending hours praying, pulling my chin up while hiding in bushes. Try to be normal, try to be excepted, "but no one wants to play with me", why am I alone?

Deep inside a voice whisper: "Why Am I Wrong??"

[This message has been edited by Hallucination (03-22-2003 09:46 PM).]

© Copyright 2003 Brian Eggertsen - All Rights Reserved
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
1 posted 2003-03-23 02:35 AM

The sounds of desperation ring through this one. Your character appears to be on the brink, and not know why he is all alone.
DawnG
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-06-23
Posts 1494
United States
2 posted 2003-03-23 03:31 AM

I can really relate to the character in your story. I enjoyed very much.

Dawn

Amara
since 2003-02-23
Posts 158
East of the moon, west of the sun.
3 posted 2003-03-23 03:15 PM

'...it's really tough to be strong, when just under your skin you know you are weak.'

'...to have to appear strong, be tough and fearless, when inside you don't know what strength is anymore.'

The second line is one from my own piece of prose. They're similar. ^^

This reminds me of a friend. I can't relate, but she could. This is wonderful, very deep, and meaningful. Thanks.

Blessed Be Thee,
Stephanie

Every heart has hidden treasures...a secret wish, a silent dream, and a cherished love. [Unknown]

[This message has been edited by Amara (03-23-2003 03:16 PM).]

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
4 posted 2003-03-23 04:37 PM

(big hugggsssss) Oh Brian, this is so very touching, dearest friend, I know this feeling of yearning and loneliness and self-doubt ever so much and I pray now you have found solace of your own! (sad sigh) I send angel hugs and a vote your way, sweet friend, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Brian, thank you for sahring!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

WhiteRose
Member Elite
since 2002-07-23
Posts 3208
somebody's dungeon
5 posted 2003-03-29 11:49 PM

A very touching write.
SPIRIT
since 2002-12-29
Posts 1745
California Desert
6 posted 2003-04-11 10:08 PM

Touching and sad.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Reflections on the Web » Why Am I Wrong???

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary