navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #24 » Circle Jerk
Open Poetry #24
Post A Reply Post New Topic Circle Jerk Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
bbent
since 2001-01-07
Posts 521
Alaska

0 posted 2003-01-23 04:50 AM

Circle Jerk

Change is not a product of history
but of a moment,a decision,
of a thought not of bombs.
To fight madness with madness
only leads to the same,
veiling the meaning of change.

Live like it's your last day...
Dance like nobody's watching...
Love like you've never been hurt...

© Copyright 2003 Ray Conley - All Rights Reserved
GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
1 posted 2003-01-23 05:03 AM

too true.
It only works if we each make the right choice..
and unconsious painful decision can be easy to make.

Always, Alyssa

- And so it was that time stood still -
     (blink, breathe, stand, fight)

Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
2 posted 2003-01-23 07:27 AM

Everything you say is true...but......sometimes, when situations exist that the best defense is a strong offense.....some things have to be thought over more carefully....what has happened to us and other nations in the last few years, the options change. Wouldn't it be nice if all things could be settled over a poem or a simple email?....(I know personally my nose would be shaped different, my poor old fists with all their calcium deposits and arthritic miseries would be in better shape)
regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
3 posted 2003-01-23 07:33 AM

I absolutely agree with Toe. A nice short thinking piece....

Thanks,  Pat

..without surrender, be on good terms with all persons..
        "Desiderata"

bbent
since 2001-01-07
Posts 521
Alaska
4 posted 2003-01-23 07:04 PM

Thanks for taking the time to read and your reply's,As far as offense being the best defense that seems to be the same attitude humans have held since day one.I certainly have no objection to one defending themself when nessasary,I do but the football game mentality of destroying a culture by physical force no matter how mislead to preserve your own superiority violates most every spiritual principal I've ever interpeted.That was my point,lets face it if Jesus or any of the other great teachers were to run for president here they would be scoffed at and rejected in a moment.If all got to witness the carnage of war they might feel different but a video game and propaganda filled culture unaware of it's true destuction havn't seen it.There are options and they start with thinking for oneself.Thanks again for your thoughts.  

Live like it's your last day...
Dance like nobody's watching...
Love like you've never been hurt...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #24 » Circle Jerk

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary