navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #24 » corpus muscarius II
Open Poetry #24
Post A Reply Post New Topic corpus muscarius II Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
mirror man
since 2001-01-08
Posts 814

0 posted 2003-01-22 04:13 PM

speculum

my doctor wears a speculum on his forehead.
my doctor wears a speculum on his forehead.

I asked if that was a speculum
and he said yeah, that’s right chum

so my doctor wears a speculum on his forehead.
copyright 2002

speculum -- (1)mirror, reflector used in optical instruments; (2) medical
instrument for doing yucky things in unnamable orifices. [Latin, from
specere, to look at].

[This message has been edited by mirror man (01-22-2003 06:29 PM).]

© Copyright 2003 mirror man - All Rights Reserved
ecrivan
Member Elite
since 2001-12-10
Posts 3923
my own state
1 posted 2003-01-23 01:28 AM

Good beginning if you're relating that doc doesn't really care about getting into the matter you did well...
but it could also use extending..like what other things does he have which are 'peculiar' and the way it makes you feel?

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
2 posted 2003-01-23 03:17 AM

yeah...what Martin said
winston
since 2002-12-19
Posts 204
NW of Eden
3 posted 2003-01-23 08:37 AM

Great, as usual. Your chosen name reminds me of a Captain Beefheart track called 'mirror man'.

It's amazing I won. I was running against peace, prosperity, & incumbency.
--G. "DUBYA" BUSH. June 14, 2001. Unaware of rolling TV camera.

mirror man
since 2001-01-08
Posts 814

4 posted 2003-01-23 08:53 AM

ecrivan -- thank you, Martin.  Yes, it is just a beginning.  But most doctors aren't this way.  So I don't think I want to give this one any more infamy than this.  So I think I'll leave it at that.  In any case, it's more bizzare than anything; I would expect this sort of thing in MASH, not at the office.

passing shadows -- thank you.  I'm glad you enjoyed it.

winston -- thank you.  I'll have to look up Captain Beefheart.  I've heard the name, but that's about it.  And yes, it's funny.  But only if he's not your own doctor.  So now he isn't my doctor.  And now it's funny.  Ha ha.

[This message has been edited by mirror man (01-23-2003 08:55 AM).]

ecrivan
Member Elite
since 2001-12-10
Posts 3923
my own state
5 posted 2003-01-23 08:43 PM

but Mash got their notions from real life, gone are the days when I used to 'trust' my doctor...and even further are the days when
you could consider them above reproach. Mine has slipped a number of times and even wants to resign. I wonder why???

mirror man
since 2001-01-08
Posts 814

6 posted 2003-01-24 12:25 PM

ecrivan -- I've heard that too, about resigning, especially with obstetrics.  They say the insurance is too steep.  As for resigning, actually not being a doctor any more, maybe they mean just from a hospital or clinic and then going into private practice.  I myself have had very little problem with doctors; this one just stands out because it is so strange.

winston -- I've looked up Captain Beefheart.  It's interesting, but if you mean do I have anything to do with it, no.  In fact, there's a lot of mirror man stuff on the web, and none of it has any connection with me.  Some of it I wouldn't want any connection with, and I'm beginning to wonder if it's such a good name.  So if you find something you think might interest me, please let me know.

[This message has been edited by mirror man (01-24-2003 12:44 AM).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #24 » corpus muscarius II

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary