navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #24 » Who Died?
Open Poetry #24
Post A Reply Post New Topic Who Died? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California

0 posted 2003-01-15 12:13 PM

You and they,
hovering,

wanting me to know
your peace.

Can love undo my death?

For, I am not ~me~
anymore!

A dove or a hawk,

both trying to feed or get fed,
upon my soul.

Have you not
one of your own?

Didn't you know,

angels,
are beneath,
not above?

Be very careful,
just who
you try to love.

I am not available,
in the fifth dimension,
I've still a life to live.

..without surrender, be on good terms with all persons..
        "Desiderata"

[This message has been edited by regards2you (01-15-2003 12:38 PM).]

© Copyright 2003 Patricia L.Thompson - All Rights Reserved
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
1 posted 2003-01-15 12:19 PM

good words of advice, thanks
regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
2 posted 2003-01-15 12:42 PM

Dixie,

I've added to the ending, and it changes the poem more to my intentions, though maybe the other way left more interpretaion.

Thanks for commenting.  Pat

"Desiderata"

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

3 posted 2003-01-15 04:51 PM

an interesting write... not sure in all honesty I understand the intent or all it is saying. I can read this a shaking of the comfort of people around you at the loss of someone you cared for...and the shaking off of the hold that person now gone has on you... or trying to reconcile the factions within yourself that are doing both...

then again... you could mean something totally different and I am just too dense to get it today..

regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
4 posted 2003-01-15 06:42 PM

Ron,

Just got home, or I'd have answered sooner. Thank you for replying and wondered if anyone would for it is kinda 'pretty far out there' and not going to be popular considering in a way, in puts angels in their place....

It is spiritual in nature. The you and they would be all people I've known who have physically died.

My death would have been the various difficulties I've known since birth, and subsequently being  reborn into a new person, (still alive) (not meaning reborn in the sense Christians use)

all their peace and love isn't going to change me back to that person I was before(?) / at birth.

There are two kinds of spiritual entities, good and evil (bad)...

doves/hawks - feed or get fed

sometimes these entities are thought to turn into angels after they die, so, haven't you a soul of your own, is seriously meant to mean, take care of yourself....don't try to suck up mine.. go to where you belong...
I always send spirits away to God...
sometimes they would be controlling if you let them...

Humans are higher than angels.

Be careful who you love,
you cannot have/use my soul

I'm not dead yet, and I don't cap. on the 5th dimension, meaning I don't go there....either through meditation or visions, or astral projecting, etc. etc.....

When Dixie answered I had forgottn to put in the last three lines.

I really felt this when written and it seems like I lack gratitude to those who've passed on and have tried to comfort me....I don't...I've felt it, but I don't want them to hover...they need to move on...

so this can either seem real, real creepy.... or weird...or ?

Really appreciate you taking the time.
You couldn't be dense, ever!

thanking you, Pat

"Desiderata"

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
5 posted 2003-01-15 11:54 PM

(big hugggssssssss) Among us all, no one has really died, we're just lying in our graves and forgetting to make a peep as who would care anyway until someone skeptically comes and pulls us out! (sad sigh) This is powerful, sweet friend, God Bless You, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Patricia, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

BluesSerenade
Member Patricius
since 2001-10-23
Posts 10549
By the Seaside
6 posted 2003-01-16 01:01 AM

The break down helps tie it all together,
it goes deeper in a sense but not creepy at all.  I think you're a diverse and multi- talented poetess.  

Thank you for writing and sharing your heart in verse.  It's all good Pat~

GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
7 posted 2003-01-16 01:06 AM

This gives a lot of good things to think about... and I'll think awhile on it still.
I enjoyed this alot
Some people try so hard to pull us in their direction of ..well, everything.

Always, Alyssa

- And so it was that time stood still -
     (blink, breathe, stand, fight)

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
8 posted 2003-01-16 01:22 AM

Enjoyed this one Pat.
stay free....to be

garysgirl
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
9 posted 2003-01-16 02:19 AM

Pat, thank you for the explanation to Ron. I probably wouldn't have said that I didn't understand it. I do more, now. It does give the reader a lot of thoughts to ponder.
I'm enjoying the way you're venturing out in you writing, friend. It's very enjoyable....

"Love makes the world go around"
~~with love and hugs from Ethel~~  

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
10 posted 2003-01-16 04:57 AM

I understand more, still good advice.
kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
11 posted 2003-01-16 06:49 AM

Pat,
thanks for your detailed explanation....just wondering: since we are continually facing ups and downs in life, so when do you decide that so-and-so diffculties is enough to assist you in the process of rebirth as a new person?

i enjoyed your multi-layered poem...

inkedgoddess
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-19
Posts 7392
Ohio
12 posted 2003-01-16 06:53 AM

i dont know, i thought it was about a person not ready to die yet,
i did like it much the whole spirutal theme,just dont know if i interpreted your intent, but it did speak

regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
13 posted 2003-01-16 10:05 AM

Ron,

By the way, I like your interpretation. It could fit, nicely.
But, when writing I ~consciously~ was thinking of the spirit world, all the way through the poem. Had you not taken the time to reply, no one else would have, I suspect. Thank you.

Noah!

Get yourself up outta that grave!!!
You better peep, and ~sing your song~, honey...this is the beginning for you, NOT the end...Let go, let God, and just see what He does in His own time...Trust Him, Noah, now like you never have.....Hugs to you.....

BluesSerenade,

Glad the breakdown helps; Thank you very much for your comments, they mean more than you know...Thank you

GG,

If I recall, you are a teen-ager, right? I've appreciated your poetry because of your age, and ability to write so well. Don't misunderstand, your poetry would be appreciated even were you adult, you are way ahead of the game. To this day I despise anyone who tries to warp my mind and insist their way of thinking is absolutely correct and no other works. Trust your own heart and mind and your God, as you understand Him...read all you can with an open mind, and reserve judgement or belief until you are comfortable with what is right for you. Hugs, Pat

Thanks Kacy, Yes stay free, ~to Be~, all we are meant to....smiling here...

Ethel,

No one else would have either. So glad he takes the time...I always learn from him...I have been experimenting with various topics and not sure when I'll get down to some serious poetry writing with good form, description and perfect presentation...all at once, before posting....

Dixie, thanks...

Kaile,

Only reason I'm resonding now is to get to your reply, because I know you'll nag me til I answer...smiling here...but want to keep it simple...
1.) I wasn't talking of ups and downs I was talking of extremely devastating circumstances, from birth. Big difference, and, though each would experience such, differently, (having had a twin sister, I know that to be true, a lot depends on personality and how we are perceived by those around us, and how much control and sanity they have).

2.) "To assist a person in the process of rebirth" I cannot answer for anyone else.

It is not about assisting in my case, I personally view my life as detrimental as to who I was when I was born....no, I won't go into any more detail, except what still ticks me off is I believe I had to shut down a portion of my "thinking" power to withstand the trauma of  "formative years". I have not been able to open up that portion of my mind....to me, that is sad, and frustrating, but I trust my God completely, and if that is good enough for Him, it is good enough for me, and I'll just muddle through, be all I can, in spite of it.

3.) I think you are right, this is multi-layered and Ron was quite close.

Michele,

I never interpet other's poems with the meaning intended. Yours sounds good to me....This is about a person who still HAS to live and about those who died....I still have some lack of gratitude and arrogance in me, perhaps, like: "bug off, this is MY LIFE, and I'll live it as I see fit, you had yours!"  Not really quite that hard core....I have the ability to have out of body experiences, have ESP, etc...I don't "go there", I am not religious, but were I, it is against my religion to deliberately seek the spiritual world, but people I've lost, mother, father, twin sister, fiance....have all been around to reassure me of their love, for one thing...whew....I cannot write a short sentence...smiling here.

Thanks to all of you for replying.
Hugs, Pat

"Desiderata"

GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
14 posted 2003-01-16 06:16 PM

Yea, fifteen; Thank you for the kindness
The one thing I can't stand about people trying to force
The reality or truth of something is that
all things need faith.

Even I am not quite sure I'm alive sometimes
physically, and visual 'proof' means nothing
when your so deep in doubt.
Takes some self assurance.. and evaluation
to know if its even sane, holds truth,
or is something you yourself want to hold as so great.

Have I lost you yet? I think I'm babbling.
Anyway, hugs back to ya
Always, Alyssa

regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
15 posted 2003-01-16 06:41 PM

GG,

How nice to reply again. I hear you.
Throughout my life I've changed my ideas about various issues and truths.
With age, we change. Where ever you are right now is valid. If your parents are trying to pressure you into (?), just be respectful, you've the rest of your life to be who you want to be.
You have probably heard this hundreds of times, but I say it again, the teen-aged years are the hardest you'll ever have to go thr. So it isn't surprising if you are having some self-doubt and sense of being inadequate or sense that you're losing it. Again, I would never tell anyone what to do...But, I will say whatever you are feeling is valid. Finding a good friend or counselor sometimes helps a lot, as does writing poetry, which you do well.  Hugs, Pat

"Desiderata"

GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
16 posted 2003-01-16 06:54 PM

**kinda laughs** oh I've done and lost it, its just a matter of how comfortable I am with that.
Some poems deserve lots of replies! plus maybe I just like being the last to speak...
But as for my parents, they only push that I do 'better' which is quite a relative thing.. just not so much so in everyones eyes. I'm quite content though
in...faith!
Ever had one of those times you didn't sleep for toooo long, and your just toooo honest, yea, *sigh*
Hugs back
Always, Alyssa

kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
17 posted 2003-01-17 12:49 PM

Alyssa,
nay you don't have the last word..I do..

hey Pat,
thanks for making the effort ...hmmm, i think "assist" was the wrong word to use earlier..anyway, i wish to write something more constructive but i seem to have a mental block now..~can't think!~, so i guess i will add this to my library and attempt to digest this and then write a proper reply...

LOL...i hope you don't mind my nagging!

regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
18 posted 2003-01-17 10:02 AM

Alyssa and Kaile,

Your sincere questions and comments ~almost~  belie your high level of intellect and understanding. Considering such and your age, I stand in awe of both of you.

Alyssa, Yes, I get quite rummy with lack of 'deep sleep' and also, often am way too honest, it seems, but that has a way of working itself out, and I am not nearly as embarrassed by what I've said when my guard has been down as I used to be.

Kaile, I suspect your question does have to do with religion and I don't go there in anothers quest for truth.
And, I know about mental blocks, mine seems to be permanent, and it has to do with logic. Yours is temporary so go get a good nights sleep. Smiling..

I answered you superficially earlier,
knowing you'll both figure it all out on your own, if you haven't already.

Look forward to reading more of each of your poetry, for I am ever learning and enjoying other's gifts given freely each time they post a poem.

Thanking you both,

Hugs, Pat

"Desiderata"

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #24 » Who Died?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary