navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Victory From Grace (Lighthouse Bob's challenge.... sort of)
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Victory From Grace (Lighthouse Bob's challenge.... sort of) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
FadingSun
since 2000-05-01
Posts 76
Southern California

0 posted 2007-08-07 04:39 AM

I live in Victory! because of your grace.
My soul was heavy before your embrace,
but now it shines bright and anew.
Piercing through my moonless dark,
You melted away my frostbitten heart.
Now I've a path lit by You.

Echoes of Angels resound in my head,
as I live for a life far beyond death,
in a place You've gone to prepare.
Like a child, I marvel at Your creation.
Rejoicing in my Savior's salvation,
I kneel down in a praise-filled prayer.

Now I stand, hands lifted so high,
praising you Lord, as I reach for the sky,
and I can feel You surround me.
Your Glory, Hallelujah! I proclaim
in pure revelry as I shout Your Name.
Thank you for Your heavenly peace.

© Steve Nelson

So this was not a direct challenge from Mr. Lighthouse Bob, but a response to a reply he left on another poem of mine. I agree that we do need to rememember that, in Christ, we have a life of victory. And... that's just a beautiful thing

In the sight of Love, fear isn't even as great as a single hair:  in the law of Love, everything is offered as a sacrifice

© Copyright 2007 Steve Nelson - All Rights Reserved
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
1 posted 2007-08-09 09:21 AM

Steve,

Hallelujah!!! I'm sooooo pleased that my words had the slightest thing to do with inspiring this Beautiful Beautiful poem of Faith and of your most vividly expressed Victory in Jesus. This one's got me singing "Victory in Jesus!!!" for sure.

Anyway, I really loved the imagery in this poem, again, I thought that it was Beautiful, thank you for sharing it with us, and, as always, God bless you my Christian friend.

-Bob

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
2 posted 2007-08-16 12:02 PM

Bump!!!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Victory From Grace (Lighthouse Bob's challenge.... sort of)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary