navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Pest
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Pest Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
kif kif
since 2006-06-01
Posts 439
BCN

0 posted 2006-07-16 06:55 AM

(Sweet Arms Of Life)

*Help is on the way,
help is on the way.
Help is on the way,
help, is on, the way.

I'm not waiting for God to be gone,
or the light to be seen.
I'm just looking for a vehicle
to brave the stream.
I'm not sailing down a miracle,
or praying for rain,
I'm just hoping for the storm to swell
and wash my dreams.
I need one more river to get clean.

Help is on the way,
help is on the way.
Help is on the way,
help, is on, the way.

(*chorus provided by Greyboy featuring Rodney Mathews. "Help Is On The Way." Ubiquity Records.)

onelove

© Copyright 2006 kif kif - All Rights Reserved
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
1 posted 2006-07-16 04:36 PM

kif kif,

I hadn't heard this song before but you got my curiosity up so looked for it and heard the sample as found below.

Click Here

Especially in the light of such tension and uncertainty now being broadcast and consumed around the world from the Middle East, I really enjoyed the simplicity and the practicality expressed in your poem.

Thank you for sharing.

God bless.

-Bob

kif kif
since 2006-06-01
Posts 439
BCN
2 posted 2006-07-17 01:58 AM

Thanks Bob-and thanks for providing the link! I wasn't sure whether I should have used the chorus, as obviously it isn't mine, but I think it's important to show where I got my inspiration from. I was only going to post *my content, but it seemed to just hang there, with nothing to support it, so I decided to do a bit of cut and paste! I'm glad you like.

*It's interesting how you interpret it, because I wrote this a while ago as a riposte to being called "Godless". I can see where you get your idea though, what's going on in the Middle-East is quite Godless, even though the name is used in vain.    

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Pest

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary